Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jet Ski`s Worst Enemy

3 daytona`s
    This has been building for some time now.I see it and hear it eveywhere I go and sure seeing it alot here.The people riding Jet Ski`s are hurting themselves either out of ignorance or plain disregard for others on the water.I feel the time has arrived to make mandatory training testing and licensing.I live on the water in Bullhead and can`t believe some are not killed every week.People on the water are angry people on the shore are angry,if this continues either make them comply or ban them.They are out of control,maybe the decent riders should start to police themselves?

Jyruiz
    This goes for boaters as well.

Hardin18454
    I agree with training and licencing. They selll PWC's to people who have never been let alone driven on the river. Every and I mean EVERY time i go to the river one of these idiots almost crash's into me. It is starting to get flat out scary on the river and this is not the way it should be for those of us that have been going to the river our whole lives.

schlepy
    i agree but how much do you think this would cost???? i know price isnt a question for safety. most jet skiers have absolutley no clue. we almost hit a sit down jet skier in parker when is 4 year son was driving a turned right in front of us and he had the nerve to yell at us.
    it is getting pretty bad on busy weekends, they are everywhere in parker.

3 daytona`s
    I agree to a point,problem is the sheer numbers of ski`s vs boats on the wateris staggering getting worse.On any day here I can sit on the dock and in an hour`s time during the week may very well be less than 6 boats go by and not exagerating when a minimum of 100 plus.It`s not only the way they operate but the numbers are crazy.

Hardin18454
    jyruiz
    I agree. I do have to say that in the past 12 plus years of boating that I have only been in 1 or 2 bad situations with other boaters and countless with PWC drivers. That has to say something.

Jyruiz
    I do agree that there are a lot of PWC's out there, but you can't license one with out the other.

3 daytona`s
    I do agree that there are a lot of PWC's out there, but you can't license one with out the other.
    I would love testing and licence for boats as well.If I could not get over 90% on any written and driving test I would quit boating immediatley.I`ll bet over 50% boaters out there could not pass both.Just because you have a new boat and SUV sure doesn`t mean you know anything.I`ve watched countless boaters at Havasu and Katherines that can`t even back the damn thing down the ramp,let alone operating,docking,loading.Then there`s the cortesy factor after sitting in line for over an hour and getting more and more pissed they wait until they are down the ramp to unload the vehicle into the boat,and hold everyone else up

schlepy
    do you think that having a boating license would drop insurance rates??? that would be great....

3 daytona`s
    do you think that having a boating license would drop insurance rates??? that would be great....
    I would be suprised if they did not come down.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast