Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not the best landing

WetWillie
    Looks like one person came out when its spinning on that rear wheel. Are you sure that big blade didnt get him when it came down. The rear balde looked like a mincing machine!!

boxscore
    I don't know what's worse... that helo clip or me trying run onto the boat trailer during a 40 mph crosswind at Windsor.:hammer2:

piper
    That was bad.

JustMVG
    I'll bet the gardener was none too pleased either, he just reseeded the lawn!!!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    That close to the ground the pilot should have dumped the collective and taken his chances.......
    Agreed !!!!!!
    Full contact auto rotations are scary enough.....that spin was insane....
    Later,
    CJG
    :rollside:

Kachina26
    I don't feel so bad about bouncing it the other night now Hey Franky, where are you at in your lessons? Have you participated in our "Any pilots in the house?" thread ? Lots of good info in there. I just got my ticket a few weeks ago and Jackpunx is going for his.

Patyacht
    There's a lot of difference between rudder pedals and anti-torque pedals (which is what a helicopter has).
    Lose the tail rotor and it's spin city....... :220v: :220v:
    That close to the ground the pilot should have dumped the collective and taken his chances....... :rollside:
    I lost a tail rotor at 500' & 95 knots and was spinning in 2 seconds. Don't believe those manuals that say you'll streamline at above 70 knots........
    I don't pay to go on those Disney rides anymore... Tooo Boring....

JAM
    The pilot flared a little too much, bounced the tail rotor, and lost all of his anti-torque.

Magic34
    Looks like one person came out when its spinning on that rear wheel. Are you sure that big blade didnt get him when it came down. The rear balde looked like a mincing machine!!
    Sure enough, a guy did fall out it looks like. He took off running though. Heck, maybe he jumped out, That is what I probably would have done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12