Thread: Whats Your take on % of PWC accidents not reported?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Picked up a friends boat at a glass shop in the 626 today,, and it floored me how many PWC's were in there for brutal repairs.
    We're talking major hits to the wheelhouse. Annihalated deluxe.
    Late model craft,, not stuff that's been sitting around the shop a long spell.
    Seems far far more than the accidents one reads about.
    We went by a different glass shop in the 909 about three months ago and the wifes first comments were: 'The kids aren't ever riding on those things".
    It was a PWC morgue, or a group of apes had a sledgehammer fight in a dealer showroom. Geeezeee!!
    Maybe 1 outta 50 accidents get reported or any publicity?
    Waddaya Think??

RAMROD
    I would say the majority are not reported. This comes from someone I know that is in the business of repairing them. He claims the majority of them come in "twos" because the idiots run EACH OTHER OVER.

Cole91
    Picked up a friends boat at a glass shop in the 626 today,, and it floored me how many PWC's were in there for brutal repairs.
    We're talking major hits to the wheelhouse. Annihalated deluxe.
    Late model craft,, not stuff that's been sitting around the shop a long spell.
    Seems far far more than the accidents one reads about.
    We went by a different glass shop in the 909 about three months ago and the wifes first comments were: 'The kids aren't ever riding on those things".
    It was a PWC morgue, or a group of apes had a sledgehammer fight in a dealer showroom. Geeezeee!!
    Maybe 1 outta 50 accidents get reported or any publicity?
    Waddaya Think??
    I have a good idea, lets ban all these f-ing things, and our lives on the water would be much safer. one could only hope :yuk:

Boatcop
    We estimate that only about 10% of boating accidents are reported, as required by State and Federal Law. That's all boats. Not just personal watercraft. State and Federal law requires boat accidents where there are injuries (defined as care beyond basic first aid), fatalities (or someone missing from a boat) and damage above $2,000 in repair costs (total of all boats involved - $500 in AZ) be reported to the Coast Guard or local authorities.
    We're pretty sure we're getting all of the fatal accidents and nearly all of the injury accidents reported. It's the damage accidents where 90% go unreported.
    For 2004 (the last year final stats are available) there were 4,904 reported boating accidents reported nationwide resulting in 676 fatalities, 3,363 injuries, and $35,038,306 in property damage.
    It would be a much more striking report if all the reportable damage accidents are properly reported. Actual damage costs would be over $350 million a year nationwide.

Pro Max
    I second that !!!!!
    I have a good idea, lets ban all these f-ing things, and our lives on the water would be much safer. one could only hope :yuk: