Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An easy one

shagmebabe
    Ive worked on race SB Chevys for years but not much on boats. Im changing my heads this weekend and have never adjusted valves with hydraullic lifters.
    What is the proper and easiest way to go ????

YeLLowBoaT
    move the cylinder to TDC( both valves will be closed) zero lash plus about a Quater turn.

shagmebabe
    No Brainer ( good for me ) Thanks YB !

SUI-CY-COLE
    you have worked on race small bock chevys your whole life and never had adjusted a hydraulic lifter????...then tell me how would you go about adjusting a shubuck solid roller lifter on a roller cam.....in a drag racing application..

shagmebabe
    you have worked on race small bock chevys your whole life and never had adjusted a hydraulic lifter????...then tell me how would you go about adjusting a shubuck solid roller lifter on a roller cam.....in a drag racing application..
    I raced modified IMCA on Alky for over 10 years and all I ever ran was solid lifter cams. BUT I have never worked on a hydraulic lifter cam. I just needed some help so quit being a smart a$$.

lilrick
    I raced modified IMCA on Alky for over 10 years and all I ever ran was solid lifter cams. BUT I have never worked on a hydraulic lifter cam. I just needed some help so quit being a smart a$$.
    hay Shag, I was in the same situation last year. Don't let the other guy get you down. He is not representitive of the other people in here.

lilrick
    I own two race boats and I did not know how to adjust a hydraulic lifter until just last year!:devil:

PETEROC
    I've always done 3/4 of a turn. Don't like noise in cars, trucks.

Cheap Thrills
    I've always done 3/4 of a turn. Don't like noise in cars, trucks.
    Me too on a set of new lifters. If they have been filled already 1/4 to 1/2 turn past zero lash. I have adjusted them running too. back em off untill you hear it chatter then tighten until it quits +1/4 quite messy though.
    SUI-CY-COLE the man asked for help, that's what the boards are all about.
    If you don't have any positive input STFU. The Bench Racers forum is just a click away.
    C.T. :wink:

SUI-CY-COLE
    Me too on a set of new lifters. If they have been filled already 1/4 to 1/2 turn past zero lash. I have adjusted them running too. back em off untill you hear it chatter then tighten until it quits +1/4 quite messy though.
    SUI-CY-COLE the man asked for help, that's what the boards are all about.
    If you don't have any positive input STFU. The Bench Racers forum is just a click away.
    C.T. :wink:
    oh im giving him a hard time......so stfu! :yuk:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast