Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Voltage Regulator for Merc 502?

  1. #1
    Does anyone know if the voltage regulator for a 1995 Merc 502 is internal to the altenator or external? If it is external....where is it? Thanks.

  2. #2
    I'm 99% sure its internal. Its a GM type alternator, right? If so, the integral type plug has the 2 pins at right angle(90 degrees) to the shaft, the external type, (last used in the mid 70s)has the pins parallel to the shaft. Hope this helps.....Moneypitt

  3. #3
    In case anyone is interested, this is what I have found out. It is an external voltage regulator that is mounted to the back of the altenator. It runs about $75.

  4. #4
    Convert it to a GM integral. Simple to do, and a hella of alot cheaper...

Similar Threads

  1. High Voltage Hands - Did It Finally Catch Up With You?
    By Mrs.Daytona in forum Boating, West
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
  2. Voltage regulator or DC to DC converter ?
    By cs19 in forum Gear Heads
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 06:12 PM
  3. weird voltage issues
    By jeepman in forum Audio
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
  4. Pressure Regulator vs. Bypass Regulator
    By Devilman in forum Jet Boats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts