Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canada strikes again!

Steve 1
    Most of the land in the areas that I am familiar with in the US is privately owned and the timber rights are bought at auction. And yes Stevey you are right nobody has ever held title to 90% or the mountainous areas of western Canada....But the timber rights are still auctioned off. so are oil rights
    Maybe this will make sense to you......More area >>> less people >>>less privetely owned land>>> less competition.... therefore the stumpage fees would be less. That is a subsidy?
    I know that what we pay private land owners is more than what we pay for the same on public land on both sides of the border
    Bush imposed the tariffs based on the whining from TWO Goverors not facts
    Tariffs were to level the field since the Peoples republic of Canada has its nose in it Nice try but you lose!

Steve 1
    I am sure this is killing stevo. :rollside: :rollside: you know what wif tha sheriff rolling into town and all.
    That's It????????????? Your whole lifetimes knowledge of the subject decompressed and revealed here??? Christ man run along and come back educated in 50 years!

Steve 1
    BTW butter is $2.00 a pound (I asked) Yes BUT ??? American farmers can't sell there!

Steve 1
    What about the mad cow down there?
    What is the PRC? It came from you guys NEXT!!

Steve 1
    We need to seal the northern border for say a month!!!!!!!

canuck1
    Tariffs were to level the field since the Peoples republic of Canada has its nose in it Nice try but you lose!
    Too bad the WTO doesn't agree
    And BTW Stevey I didn't lose....100% of what we(my family) produce is shipped overseas now at higher prices than we ever got before in both industries.

canuck1
    Yes BUT ??? American farmers can't sell there!
    And we can't sell there So your point is?

canuck1
    It came from you guys NEXT!!
    Which one Stevey? There were many.....

canuck1
    We need to seal the northern border for say a month!!!!!!!
    Steve that is about the stupidest thing that you have ever said. You really need to study that in depth.
    But I do agree with you. Shut it down completely but not for a month...a year or two would be better. that way we can replace the markets for everthing that is shipped south by the time your inventories run out.
    You actually think that there are not other markets in the world for the natural resources that we have?

Steve 1
    Which one Stevey? There were many.....
    The mad cow came from a canadian cow Why are you dancing away from the truth!
    http://www.mad-cow-facts.com/about.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast