Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your taxes hard at work again??

Blown 472

redneckcharlie
    sounds like a infomertial!

Steve 1
    Here you go Bent something to keep you busy.
    http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=11028

Blown 472
    Here you go Bent something to keep you busy.
    http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=11028
    is it a game on how to tag your sister?

Steve 1
    is it a game on how to tag your sister?
    No you play that one already...

Havasu1986

SmokinLowriderSS
    Know what the best6 maintained US Highway in Kansas is blown? Of course not. The KS Turnpike, I-35 from the S. State line to Ks City. You can get from A to B any of a dozen other ways you want, but if you drive KTA, you get 4-lanes, with wide shoulders, not only a median, but a concrete-walled divider median (prevents head-ons), and some of the smoothest concrete you'll ever find.
    You are going to pay for road maintanance anyway blown. Do you want to pay for a road you do not ever drive on, or just the ones you put wear on yourself?
    blown, send $500 this way and I'll see to it it goes to new shingles that you don't live under (but I do).

Seadog
    Oklahoma has several toll roads and they are the few that get regular maintenance. The Will Rogers and Turner are probably two of the busiest in the nation and it does not cost Oklahomans anything if they do not use them. 90% of the traffice is vehicles going through the state and would not spend one dime if they did not have to. The most damage is from the semis and they pay the highest fees. The real beauty of it is that they actually save me money in some cases.
    Miami to Vinita runs 32 miles on 69, 24 miles on the pike. The half gallon of gas that saves is more than the cost of the pike. And it takes 20 minutes vs 35 minutes. The Cimmaron saves me a full gallon and a half hour. And only costs me $1.25. If there is any problem it is that they need to 6-8 lane the roads because of all the traffic they handle. I think it is in the design stage, but may take a while.
    People have screwed up notions about turnpikes. They involve no tax money. The construction is paid for by construction bonds and they are retired by the tolls. Tolls also pay for all repairs, replacements, upgrade and security. The Toll Authority pays for the salary and support for all Highway Patrol personnel involved. This allows additional personnel to be available in case of emergencies.
    If these roads were not built with tolls, my gas taxes would go up dramatically. Also fewer roads would be built because governments construction jobs are under a lot more BS restrictions than toll roads. In addition, all those semis taking the toll roads are not on the tax supported roads, tearing them up prematurely, blocking my ability to get around, and clogging the towns.

Old Texan
    As mentioned tollroads are an ideal way to charge those traveling them and keeping expenses away from the taxpayer. Privatization of highways is a positive for better roads and cuts fuel usage and gets traffic flowing more efficiently thus decreasing emissions.
    Odd how the same folks that bitch about higher taxes, excessive fuel usage, and pollution are the same ones that bitch about solutions to their problems.
    Oh yeah we can't leave out their rant that toll roads are another way "Big Brother" tracks our movements.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Didn't want to mention Seadog just how stark the difference is when I cross the state line, North/South, at most points.
    Yep OldTex, they bitch about the problem, they say the govt needs to fix it, they bitch about the fix as the fix either costs them money, or they think it's spying on them.
    Hey blown, if you ever figure out how to actually have your cake AND eat it, I want to know. I like cake but baking them is a pain. I'd like to just make 1, once, and enjoy it forever.
    Nothing is truly free, never has been. Everything has a price somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast