Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet pump gas 496, 830 hp..For Sale

Complete engine for sale, pan to carbs less headers and MSD box..This is the perfect hotrod river engine but makes enough power to go bracket racing with.This engine pushed my medium weight jetboat to 117 mph in the 1/8 mile on the bottle.
    Engine has two seasons on it and is currently getting a fresen up at DNE Motorsports as we speak,it can be seen dissassembled for the next week.New lifters,fresh hone and rings are going in, will be ready to go in a week or so.
    Engine has all the good stuff..Carillos,custom CP pistons (coated both on the skirts and tops),Scat 4.250 crank,Custom mechanical roller cam,Olsen pan,fully ported Dart heads and tunnel ram,Wilson manifolds shear plates and custom carb wedges,Blueprinted Holleys,Product engr. regulators,MSD w/crank trigger,Moroso vacuum pump,NOS sportsman fogger system..too much to list but its all there, all the jeboat guys know this engine and its record speaks for itself.
    Im not desperate to sell it, price is not negotiable whatsoever and please no tire kickers..Im letting it go for $.60 on the dollar..$14k

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I have seen this motor at the world finals and it is very clean. The motor sounds bitchin and runs very fast. If someone buys it they will not be dissapointed

flat broke
    A note on Chris' engine. I have the "low buck" version, (eagle rods, no vacump pump and no piston coating) The motor is solid, pulls like a mofo, and has been super-impressive to date. DNE's reputation is fairly well known and I feel 1000000% satisfied with my purchase. I'd bet that if you were looking for a mill as solid as Chris' rocket you'd be waiting until late next winter for a custom deal like his through any of the big name builders. Here is a great chance to pick up a VERY nice mill that is a proven performer, get it completely freshened, and have it in time to use this summer.
    If you're looking for big, naturally aspirated, reliable, pump gas power, this is hands down the best bang for the buck you're gonna find.
    Chris

460 jus getn it
    i agree. seen this motor run its ass of at world finals. very nice set up. going to make someone real happy.

Nucking futs
    I have the "low buck" version, (eagle rods, no vacump pump and no piston coating) The motor is solid, pulls like a mofo, and has been super-impressive to date.
    And Im sure you have alot more into yours than Chris is asking Too !!
    I have been for a few hot laps in this boat and the engine pulls like there is no end. real good deal for a engine of this Quality.
    My Lotto ticket was not the winner, so im out.

83cp
    Are you going to run ming in april??

SHIFTY
    thanks 396.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0798-med.JPG
    I WAS IN THAT VERY ROOM TODAY WATCHIN' MY 496 TAKE A TURN ON THE DYNO. BUNCH OF NICE GUYS DOWN THERE, VERY PATIENT WITH MY DUMB QUESTIONS...

83cp, I will be there, will you?

Taylorman
    So what are you replacing it with? Secret?
    So heres a question, you getting another engine obviously and you have top notch parts on this one? Wouldn't it be less expensive to reuse some of the parts you have on this engine to build the new one? I wondered the same thing when Cyclone sold his complete engine. He had some high dollar parts in that motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast