Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TPC Racing Billet 660 Center Squirter(s)

Omega21
    Hey Ty-
    That 850 center squirter I got off of eBay arrived. Left a message on your phone with my cell number.
    Todd

Hotcrusader76
    Wes,
    Thank you for the kind comments, it means alot to hear them from such a highly respected individual such as yourself. I really strive to keep these high performance carburetors up and above the rest with quality in glamour and show, while still maintaining their maximum horsepower potential as all Texas Performance Carburetors do!
    With regards to inline 660 s. transverse 700’s:
    The Holley 660 Center Squirter #4224 implements a single 50cc accelerator pump that supplies a single shot to all four venturies via a centrally located squirter. This allows a very reliable fuel delivery to all four corners of the carb, and when mounted inline with another 660 this set-up is a proven winner for performance driven cars as you described. It’s also the best-engineered system for low-compression motors, which might otherwise never create enough signal to utilize the fierce potential of a large dual double pumper system.
    Also remember that the 660 carb was designed for WOT applications with no power valves and regularly saw the track. Many people adopted the dual 660’s for Small block Street and Marine applications alike due to it’s non-complicated linkage system, ease of fuel line routing, and all-out-dependable performance. I have used this set-up on my BBC for along time and have “spanked” many BB set-ups running similar tunnel ram configurations with 750 double pumpers. Jewels and I are actually reinstalling the Billet 660’s back onto our 468BBC Crusader before it’s sale just because they work all season long, no linkage issues with binding and stress on the throttle-shafts and I only need two 06AN fuel lines to supply the system. (More pics to follow once the motors back in the boat)
    If you venture into the tunnel ram arena with dual double pumpers, most applications suffice fine with 30cc pumps (330 cam position #2) on both primary and secondary sides with blocked pwr valves. Now configured like the 660 but with larger venturies and two squirters vice one per carb you can reliably run this application without over-richening on acceleration. A dual 30cc carb vice a single 50cc model on a tunnel ram application out pumps the 660 by about 14.5cc’s more fuel shot (over an average 10 pumps), which exceeds the single 53.5cc shot of a center squirter and is best suited for BB (.600 lift) applications reliably up to 750HP on acceleration.
    Either way both set-ups consume fuel, so if you’re thinking about this type of combo for fuel economy you might be in the wrong sport of hobby. Buy and race and import then...
    ~Ty
    [ February 04, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12