Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Catalina in Spring

GoCiggie31
    Our family is planning a couple day mini vacation out in Catalina in April and was wondering were is a good place to launch and keep a truck & a 31' boat trailer safely and secured while at Catalina.
    Several years ago we launched at the public Lb harbor but was always concerned about truck and trailer while out on the island
    Thank you

Riverkid
    Newport Dunes.

GHT
    I SOOOOOO want to go and spend the night Sat night come back Sun. We have never been and the wife is a little aprehensive about it. She would be much more comfortable if it were a large group going.
    My goal is to go at least ONCE this year..

Garrddogg
    I SOOOOOO want to go and spend the night Sat night come back Sun. We have never been and the wife is a little aprehensive about it. She would be much more comfortable if it were a large group going.
    My goal is to go at least ONCE this year..
    once? hell well do it a bunch! its great over there! im flyin to portland tomorrow to check on an old cruiser to run AND stay on over there i cant wait..

GHT
    once? hell well do it a bunch! its great over there! im flyin to portland tomorrow to check on an old cruiser to run AND stay on over there i cant wait..
    What will you do? Drive it over and slip it then run the Kachina back and forth? or just drive the cruiser back and forth?

Garrddogg
    Our family is planning a couple day mini vacation out in Catalina in April and was wondering were is a good place to launch and keep a truck & a 31' boat trailer safely and secured while at Catalina.
    Several years ago we launched at the public Lb harbor but was always concerned about truck and trailer while out on the island
    Thank you
    ive only stayed over night once and left the rig at the ramp in long beach at 2nd st and pch i was worried but all was fine and not even a ticket for the extra day (we decided to stay while already on the island)

Garrddogg
    What will you do? Drive it over and slip it then run the Kachina back and forth? or just drive the cruiser back and forth?
    the cruiser and maybe tow the kachina for fun while at the island.

GoCiggie31
    Thanks Riverkid and Force-good info

GHT
    the cruiser and maybe tow the kachina for fun while at the island.
    Sounds Awesome.. Let us know when the dates are... We will make every attempt to go...

GoCiggie31
    GHT,
    For me,
    it took
    awhile to convince my wife to boat on over to Catalina in our boat.
    -1st objection: our Boat is soooo small
    Response: Big boats use little boats to save women and children.
    -2nd objection: what happens if our boat breaks down.
    Response: A VHF handheld and we will follow one of the shuttle boats that routinely go back and forth from the mainland to Avalon; if any problems we will just flag down one of the shuttles :rollside:
    So, we paced the shuttle until she(my wife) got a little quezy going sooooo slow so I pointed the boat toward what looked like an island and went for it.
    With all the wild life we encountered (dolphins, birds and fresh air) along the way, she was sold.
    Just can't wait to make the crossing to Avalon again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast