Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipod Users....

NOTALENT
    I just bought a 60GB Ipod....and I want to hook it up to play in the truck....are there any other options then the FM Transmitters??? I have been hearing that they are poor quality, static, hard to find an open frequency...etc.

Jyruiz
    Yes, a lot of options and the FM transmitters do suck. It all depends on how much you want to spend. What kind of deck do you have in your truck?

Ziggy
    Aux. input jack if you have one, otherwise with your OEM radio, its likely you can get an adaptor harness that allows aux. input devices, such as CD changers, Satalite radios or your Ipod...
    Think I paid like $25 for my adaptor harness at a local stereo shop.

NOTALENT
    I have an upgraded Kenwood Stereo. Can I use the Aux off the amps?? I think both sets on the stereo are used unless I get a y splitter...

Jyruiz
    Can I use the Aux off the amps?? I
    Yes, but you will probably need a line level amp as well to get decent volume out of it.

NOTALENT
    what are the other options?

blackcloud75
    I just bought a 60GB Ipod....and I want to hook it up to play in the truck....are there any other options then the FM Transmitters??? I have been hearing that they are poor quality, static, hard to find an open frequency...etc.
    I have a 60gb and hooked it up to my Kenwood Head Unit(in the Schiada) w/Kenwood's Ipod interface adaptor (kca-ip500). Works excellent!!!!!
    http://images.andale.com/f2/122/130/...AIP500MAIN.jpg

Coach
    Just put in a Pioneer DEH-P5800MP HU and the I-Pod Controler in my truck for about $300. It works great, much better than the FM Modulator which sucked. The nice thing about the getting a HU that works with the I-pod it will charge your I Pod for you. In my boat I don't have a compatible HU so I hooked up a RC cable that goes to the AUX and from there Hooked up another RC cable with the headphone jack as my input. I can play my I-pod nice and clear in the boat but I can't charge it (I don't have any 12V ports in my old ass boat). Either way it is still better than the FM modulator

SOCALDETAIL1
    Best Buy has the Alpine units on sale right now for under 200 bucks, thats what i run it charges the ipod and controls the ipod off the head unit so you can hide the ipod anywhere.

NOTALENT
    Hmmm....I opted not to get the inscreen dvd, but maybe I will just have to get a new head unit... :crossx: Ipod ready....I guess I better go check to see if mine will accept that interface that blackcloud listed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast