Thread: PlaceDiverter cable ?

CPdream'n
    I have a NEW ultraflex cable on my Place diverter. There is about a 1/2" play in it which ends up being a lot more than that in the Place diverter. How do I get this play out of the cable? When I lift the Place diverter up and down the play does not go through the cable to the lever at the front seat. So I would have to say that the play is in the cable somewhere. Thank you in advance for any help.

IMPATIENT 1
    cable has play in it, mine does the same. to make a cable last along time, let off the throttle alittle when ya change divertor angle, its easier on the cable!makes it last longer.

jbone
    Go hydrolic, no play there.
    J

bigironsteve
    Go hydro!

CPdream'n
    I have a Hydrolic system but dont like it because I dont know where my place is set at,at any given time. Do they make a gauge for the hydrolic system so I can know what angle my place diverter is at?

jbone
    I have a Hydrolic system but dont like it because I dont know where my place is set at,at any given time. Do they make a gauge for the hydrolic system so I can know what angle my place diverter is at?
    I just look back.
    J

kp216
    Use the seat of your pants. I can feel when I'm at the sweet spot for the rpm I'm running. About the only time I really look to see where the roost is, is when I'm pulling skiers/tubers or I just want to look at it.

jbone
    Use the seat of your pants. I can feel when I'm at the sweet spot for the rpm I'm running. About the only time I really look to see where the roost is, is when I'm pulling skiers/tubers or I just want to look at it.
    I find I need to look back to make sure I don't obstruct anyone's view. $500 fine gets kinda expensive. My sweet spot at wot is with about a 8 ft roost.
    J

stompnstang
    i just saw a gauge set up for a hydo on jetboatperfo. yesterday go look there

CPdream'n
    Thank you for the info guys.