Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: HTM Crash

Thunderbutt
    I think Doug the Jeweler is right on speculating. Most of the time the problems we have with our boats are solved this way. I went upside down twice (once at Castic in 1980)Only one time do I realy know what happened. the other time was all speculation. I still own the same boat and every time I race someone I think about that time.

Racing Ray
    Wow! Lots going on since I visited this thread last. This is my first post on this entire subject matter so I will get my nickles worth.
    First of all to those that hold up their right to free speech as allowing them to say anything they care to on a message board or a chat room for that matter.
    BS!! The Supreme Court has upheld the rights of the Webmaster to determine what he sees fit for his site. He does own the "Domain" and as such you agree to give up your personal rights and freedoms to enter his domain PERIOD!! If you don't like his rules you are "Free" not to come back. Those are the freedoms some of us have fought for! This is not America it is the World Wide Web!
    ***boat and ***boat alone will decide what belongs here and what does not!
    As to the tragedy at Castaic. I think I agree with some respect to almost every post here. Something like this will affect everyone of us in a very personal but differant way.
    Some of us will have a feeling that we must protect others from something as this happening to them.
    Some of us will rethink some of the behaviour we have displayed on the lakes in times past. Perhaps some of the stunts we have pulled and gotten away with.
    Some are going to worry that this tragedy will will lose them some of their hard fought for personal freedoms. It can do that no doubt.
    I can't speak for Steve, Ken, Nelson, or MrPumps but I can say that if it were me that had been involved in an accident such as this I would hope others would learn from it.
    Was it equipment failure? Or Conditions? Lack of safety equipment or lack of responsible actions? Right now there is not even one of you that have a clue! If the boat is not brought up we may never have one.
    Speculation is all that is available at this time. This can be of use to some and can cause hurt to others. I just hope we are all adult enough to use disgression on how we post our feelings to minimize causing more grief to the loved ones we know are reading this thread.
    The petty arguements that continue on serves no purpose but to cause further harm. I say let the man or woman get their personal feelings out and leave it at that!
    No one has asked you to agree with them just hear what they have to say! It is not their right but it is their way of dealing with thier own personal grief.

Doug The Jeweler
    Hey River Dave
    One last post before I take my "break".... I'll have you know I was going to accuracy, not distance..
    Don't go for accuracy or for distance,Just go to Maui and join me and my family on the beach next week.I leave my computer at home and just take a break from the boards.There is one more queen size bed in the condo.Thank of all the "REST" you and your squeeze could get on that.Call me when you get to the airport and we will come and pick you up.Sincerely,Your Cruise Director DTJ

RiverDave2
    SSssshhhh.... I'm Lurkin.
    RD

gigamurph
    Originally posted by Doug The Jeweler:
    If someone could use a rest from the board its Gigamurph.I feel he is the one that really stired up the post to a point of a pissing match.If I turned this into a pissing contest by asking for people to respect the families in their time of loss; maybe it is time I take a break. ***boat, just say the word and I'm gone. RD2, wanna get the drums goin'? Anyone else feel this way? Let me know; because I'm not here for this kind of stuff. I don't want it and I don't need it! Just say the word and I'm gone! I was just hoping for a little compassion in a time of sorrow. Peace to you all!

Fufu Queen
    RD, GiG and Hustler. Love to all, you guys are the real deal, thank you for being concerned for the families and friends.
    Think from the heart not your fingers. I think we all know what happens when we assume.
    Godspeed to the families that have to say good bye.
    Respect what we have and never forget. I think a few of the boys out here need to think before they type.
    Boating is a wonderful sport just like with anything there is a risk. And we all know what we put on the line. I just wanted to jump out here and say live, love and never ever forget. Also, remember that you’re words follow you.

JETBOAT BRIAN
    Gig, I am with ya bro, I applaud those who would put the feelings of the loved ones left behind first. I have been quiet about this because I feel everyone has a right to their own opinion.I wonder how the armchair quarterbacks would feel if it were their family in a similar position!

JETBOAT BRIAN
    Gig, I am with ya bro, I applaud those who would put the feelings of the loved ones left behind first. I have been quiet about this because I feel everyone has a right to their own opinion.I wonder how the armchair quarterbacks would feel if it were their family in a similar position!

waterbum
    I've decided to comply with the GOLDEN RULE as far as this thread goes but will shurly join in on a good pissen match elswhere.Your right Fufu,your hateful words and actions guy's will surely follow you far from these boards.Bum http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
    [This message has been edited by waterbum (edited January 21, 2002).]

Triple Digits HTM
    Exactly, leave the Monday night quarter backing to the replay officials in the booth.....Just absorb what happened and think how you can insure your family and friends stay safe and leave it at that!!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast