Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: HTM Crash

HaulinAZZ
    Peace to all and safe boating this summer! I just traded my 100 MPH rated jackets for REAL LifeLines! Probably wear Brain buckets at big events too!

Doug The Jeweler
    Gigamurph,This discussion was just that before you butted in and had to drag a non existant problem about someones feelings.We were only talking about possible senarios of the crash.Your comment was taken as an insult because it was one!We only posted things about safety and what went wrong.Then you"THE Father" decided we should shut up.Please start a new link and recommend that there.I was insulted by your post because you took an inocent discussion about safety and what might have went wrong with the HTM crash and turn it in to a fight.You should be ashamed of yourself.Go back and read your post and put yourself in our place!.It has no place here.I have tried to tell you in a pleasant way and you don't get the hint.DON'T TELL US WHAT TO DO!Period!We have insulted no one except YOU.Go hang out with the Pope as you have first hand moral knowledge.Let us alone to discuss safety and possible problems that could have happened to the HTM Boat Crash.Up till your involvment, that is all that went on.Believe me it is in your best interest to pay attention to the post.We are talking about things that might give you a heads up and may save your own life unless you are perfect.I have been over the 100 mph with several boats for 15 + years and I learned something from the speculation.If you shut and read instead of trying to silence us ,none of this would have happened.You must feel guilty about you said or did to Steve or his friends.UNTIL YOU REMARKS, WE HAD A PEACFUL POST.DON'T TAKE YOUR GUILT ON US.
    [This message has been edited by Doug The Jeweler (edited January 21, 2002).]

Doug The Jeweler
    Now I'm taking a rest myself.River Dave the Maui offer is still on.Good night

MellowYelloW
    hey guys...the story i heard (and i am not saying that this is what i believe just what i heard) please correct me if i am wrong..they went out that day to make a 150-160 mph run...there was little to no interior in the boat and they ran some where around 150 and the right drive blew off the boat and caused the boat to flip in some way...this is what i have heard..if anyone knows anything close to the truth please inform me...
    thanks alot
    brian

HTM Lady
    Originally posted by MellowYelloW:
    hey guys...the story i heard (and i am not saying that this is what i believe just what i heard) please correct me if i am wrong..they went out that day to make a 150-160 mph run...there was little to no interior in the boat and they ran some where around 150 and the right drive blew off the boat and caused the boat to flip in some way...this is what i have heard..if anyone knows anything close to the truth please inform me...
    thanks alot
    brian
    We dont know the truth about the accident and probably never will. Yes there was mechanical error. We just dont know what.The speed I would say is inaccurate due to the closeness to both docks.Unfortantely this tragic event of fate took 4 men that were all very loved. Please to everyone lets keep speculation to a minimum due to our families that are left to deal with this.
    Thanks

HTM Lady
    Originally posted by HaulinAZZ:
    River Dave,
    Originally posted by HaulinAZZ:
    I guess my point wasn't taken so I'll explain it a little better.
    What happened was tragic to say the least.
    Let's not speculate. We'll just state what's known.
    We had 4 people in a boat not wearing PFD's or Helmets running a boat somewhere between 2-4 times the LEGAL speed limit on a short narrow lake during a high wind advisory. They aren't coming home again!!!
    Point 1:4 People were killed in a crash and all of their bodies were recovered without a trace of safety gear.
    Point 2: Witnesses claim the boats speed to be about 80 MPH. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and said 2-4 times the speed limit (70-140) which is the slowest speed I can imagine a 30" cat getting upside down for any reason. 140MPH is 10 MPH slower than the speed reported the day before (by the chest pounding mrpumps).
    Point 3: There was a high wind advisory that day, I was in the area at the time of the accident and the wind was ripping!
    Point 4: I've been on Castaic plenty of times. Only once with Steve and triple digit speeds is something that lake isn't suited for!
    Point 5: The 35 MPH speed limit exists whether you or any other user of the lake agrees with it. It's like the speed limit on my street. If I think it's too slow and disobey it. I risk the possibility of getting a ticket. If I get too many tickets I lose my driving privileges. Get it???? Or do you have a problem with maturity and responsibility too?? If I break the law (speed) and hurt somebody, they usually consider it criminal. Did you ever hear of involuntary manslaughter??? When I was young and dumb I used to speed on the streets, thump my chest and act like a Jackass in general. I guess I was just lucky enough to grow up and start acting like a responsible adult before I got hurt, or even more tragic, hurt somebody else. Why don't you take your speed grievances to the authorities about Castaic. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to raise the speed limits now, right slick?
    Is there something here you think is untrue or disagree with???
    I don't think I've speculated at all.
    If I WERE to speculate I would say that from the chest thumping that mrpumps was doing the day before. The group talked about the doubting souls regarding the speeds they achieved the day before. As a group, I would speculate they discussed all the immature name throwing that went their way and decided to show us all! The egos had to be raging! I wouldn’t be surprised if they took a camera to photograph the GPS and post it for all to see on the web. Something then went terribly wrong! If they don’t (and probably won’t) recover the boat, then we’ll probably never know if it were mechanical failure, driver error or a design flaw with a PROTOTYPE (less than 5 built) boat! We all read the posts the day before, so speculation is not only going to happen, it’s completely warranted!!!!! We were reading the posts the day before remember. Didn’t you edit several of your posts? Were you ashamed of what you said? Not man enough to stand behind your words?
    Hopefully this tragic series of events plays out through your mind when you try to open a can of whoop ass on somebody when you’ve had a few to drink and the conditions might not be quite right!
    Any time lives are lost, especially in motor sports, a thorough investigation and sometimes speculation should be used to EDUCATE those continuing the sport TO NOT HAVE THIS HAPPEN AGAIN! Shit happens, but stupid shit shouldn’t.
    [This message has been edited by HaulinAZZ (edited January 20, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by HTM Lady (edited January 22, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by HTM Lady (edited January 22, 2002).]

Doug The Jeweler
    igamurph,
    Someday you may grow up and leave the "It's not my fault" philosophy behind and start thinking about responsibility and accountability. Put your personal feeling aside and start looking at the tragedy with objective eyes. Wake up!
    [This message has been edited by HaulinAZZ (edited January 21, 2002).]

RiverDave2
    HTM Lady, I'm so sorry that you had to read that and I'm sure a couple of other posts..
    RD

Hustler
    Doug the Jeweler/HaulinAZZ, not sure who you really are but maybe you can explain why your post are being edited by HaulinAZZ.
    DTJ, I think the point that GIG was making is that your speculation of the accident has an effect on the friends and families involved, so with that in mind why dont you just leave it alone? your speculations and theory's of what might have happened can turn into rumours or more that could be detrimental to HTM and the families. So drop it before the tribal drums start beating.
    Hustler

HaulinAZZ
    DTJ isn't editing my posts. He is copying and pasting though.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast