Thread: Xm ?

Washed Ashore
    Can I mount the reciever under the dash? I was told it will work,even though the instructions say it should be mounted on metal for best results.
    THANKS,
    Jeff

ROZ
    As long as there is no metal covering the unit , it should work fine. Hook it up and confirm reception before you mount it... If you decide to paint it, do not use a metallic paint...

Washed Ashore
    Roz,thanks for the input.I know from reading some of your post that you know your shit,so I definatly will try it.THANKS
    Jeff

LHC30Victory
    Hey Roz, I have the Sony XM ready head unit. I saw a lil black box at best buy that they say will let me use the head unit for the display and tuning. Are there more than one maker of these boxes and if so who's the best?
    and do you have them?

Mr. Naudio
    Hey Roz, I have the Sony XM ready head unit. I saw a lil black box at best buy that they say will let me use the head unit for the display and tuning. Are there more than one maker of these boxes and if so who's the best?
    and do you have them?
    Would use the terk xmd1000 with the xmd110 you need both do not use the xmd100

Phat Matt
    and do you have them?
    Here's a package.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XyJXjB6...sp?i=700XMSONY