Thread: Jet Pump Failure

Mccluskey
    I just rebuilt my berkely Split bowl jg jet pump. it has a droop snoop with diverter. I have everything correctly hooked up to engine and pump as far as i know. But the pump will not pump out any water and the engine just runs dry. the pump will not pump any water what so ever. i had the boat on the trailer completely free floating in the water when i tried. no water comes out of the jet at all. what is going on, anybody have any thoughts. now i have everything disassembled and it all looks fine. is the wear ring impellor clearance off. or am i drawing in a crap load of air somewhere i dont know about.

Floored
    On mine with the droop I have to bleed all the air out of the pump or it won't work. I have a valve where the water line goes from the pump to the engine and I open it until water flows out then good to go. It just airlocks.

squirt
    How long did you run it? Quite often with a droop it will take some time to get rid of the air pocket in the pump after launching. Launching with the reverse bucket open and the diverter full up will help some. Check to see if the hard line comming from your pump is clear, undo the gate valve and run some wire thru to check, but if you only ran a short test I'd try and launch it again and see if it wasn't an air pocket.
    Don

tahitijet
    u can try putting the boat in the water and then rock the transom up and down to fill the pump with water and get the air out.. but this little brass deal on the top of the bowl works wonders.. Duane at HTP sales them. My boat would be very hard to prime with the droop before installing this.. now i just back in fire up and go.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...09P6171086.JPG

olbiezer
    i had the little brass valve deallie on my biesemeyer and it worked great.......

wet77
    OK dont take this the wrong way but is the keyway in the impeller and shaft?

SmokinLowriderSS
    OK dont take this the wrong way but is the keyway in the impeller and shaft?
    Yes.

taylormanss
    check the key in the shaft,sounds like there isn't one in the impellar