Thread: Rail Kit Alternator Mounting???

daddy b
    Hey ya'll,
    I've got these Glenwood motor mount plates(bbc) and mounting alternator low is difficult to fit with headers, can't get a good position, so.................. I want to mount it on the rail kit facing forward so....................... will these things work if spinning the other direction?? :220v: :220v:
    Does anyone have any experience doing this and/or tricks to mount the alternator here?? Thanks daddy b :rollside:

502 JET
    I had my altenator mounted facing the engine spinning backwards and it charged fine.Sorry I dont have any pics of my mount.My altenator was mounted off the front of the blocks lower holes (BBC).If you search the net you should be able to find a mount.Check out page 304 and 305 http://www.rexmar.com/sectiona.htm

GofastRacer
    Alternators will charge in either direction, at least everyone that I've had did??.... As far as mounting goes, whatever works and looks good just have to be creative, sky's the limit!..

daddy b
    That's what I needed to know, and I have shopped but have not seen anything that will fit low on the motor with the Glenwood mounts, only upper engine mounts. I think I will like it better down low and backwards vs. up high where the belt is 3 times as long.
    Thanks, off to the garage. :coffeycup :coffeycup