Thread: Jacuzzi WJ energizer results?

Anyone try one of these on their WJ? What were the results mph wise? Any thoughts on also going with a cavitation reducer, ultimate wear ring. Good, bad, or over kill? I'd also like to go the droop, shoe, and ride plate route with the energizer, but who makes a shoe and ride plate for a Jacuzzi intake? Or is that something that's fabricated?

'75 Miller
    I'm still a newbie but I'm pretty sure on our pumps (wj's) the intake must be removed and machined for a shoe & rideplate. As far as the energizer/ no energizer point I've heard good points made on both sides. Do a search in this forum for a thread entitled "My new pump" by Brendella Jet. He had his pump worked over by MPD. Seems very impressive. Unfortunately the thread is a few years old and therefore the pics are missing.
    Matt

QuickJet
    A buddy of mine had a Hondo with a WJ on it. Called GS marine and they swore by the kit. Might want to give them a call and if nothing else get a little edju-macated on the thing.

74sleek
    Sorry to bring up old post, but a question about the energizer kit.
    I have 12YJ pump, not WJ, I can upgrade to the energizer kit, but the thing I am wondering about, are the parts that can wear/break replaceable with stock American Turbine parts or are they special parts only made for the Energizer kit for the Jacuzzi's?
    Like if I messed up the impeller etc, needed some part after upgrading to the energizer pump, and let's say they quit making the energizer kit for some reason, would I be able to use regular old common American Turbine parts?
    Also, what is their website address?
    Thanks,
    Chris

YeLLowBoaT
    I know you can get a kit for a YJ as well. As far on parts, I am not sure.
    I know these guys have them
    http://www.jetboatperformance.com/
    never used them, but they were helpful in locating some old nicson hardware i was looking for.
    They are protyping a kit for panthers...

Duane HTP
    Yes, that's one of the good points of the kits. Berk, Dom, ATJ and Aggressor parts will interchange, and are less expensive. (all but the shaft). But this shaft is made by several of the other companies.

Ralph Brunt
    just did the kit to my yj and the impeller is now a berk the diverter is from place and its for a berk. so i think the bowl and shaft is all that is different (not sure on that) jim brock @ cyclone speed and marine did mine and i am verry happy. cant give you any gps # because i didnt take any and switched mtr's as well but seat of the pants says hell yeah and hole shot is really improved. (by no means am i any guru) its my first boat and all just my experience Ralph

77charger
    I had a golden eagle(jacuzzi) on my old jet boat i upgraded to the energizer kit about 15 years ago went with the american turbine kit it made a very noticable difference.Later when i had the pump rebuilt i went to jack at mpd he put a berk impeller and used berk parts for the rebuild.(only thing jacuzzi was the housing and bearing cap).I went back again and had him deatil the impeller,thin the vanes in the bowl,and added a diverter performance improved alot more speed went up rpms dropped.
    Definitely worth the upgrade IMO