Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any divers in the house?

FLEA DIDDY
    I want to get my open water cert this month.I just want to know a few things to look for in choosing a shop for the training/class. I found a place that has it for a 100.00 I think it's 4 weeks with classroom and pool training. I think 2 test at the end. How much am I lookin at for gear after I get the cert. Thanks for any info

jdogginla
    First off......the blow up pool u got at Toys R Us doesn't qualify as pool training. Secondly, water wings are on sale right now at Wall-Mart.
    Check with Sport Challet.......they have a class and then offer discounts on rental gear and purchases.

KACHINA KEN
    I want to get my open water cert this month.I just want to know a few things to look for in choosing a shop for the training/class. I found a place that has it for a 100.00 I think it's 4 weeks with classroom and pool training. I think 2 test at the end. How much am I lookin at for gear after I get the cert. Thanks for any info
    Call up El Mar on Broadway, they will set you in a good course of training, I'm working on rescue diver cert right now. don't worry about buying your gear yet, just get your ass in class and the pool.

Drift
    I've got my Master Diver, Dry Suit, Wreck, Night and Rescue certs. You should be looking to spend a couple G's for gear if you are into it. Your class will generally force you to buy you basic essentials [hood, gloves, booties, mask, snorkle and fins]. Sport Challet is a good place to learn and the have several in-house facilities to train at. Sport Challet is a PADI school (most widely recognized school) and if you are not near a Sport Challet, I would strongly recomend you get your initial training from a NAUI training facility. If you have any ?'s I'd be more than happy to help you out.

FLEA DIDDY
    Call up El Mar on Broadway, they will set you in a good course of training, I'm working on rescue diver cert right now. don't worry about buying your gear yet, just get your ass in class and the pool.Lol thanks I will check them out today.

FLEA DIDDY
    I've got my Master Diver, Dry Suit, Wreck, Night and Rescue certs. You should be looking to spend a couple G's for gear if you are into it. Your class will generally force you to buy you basic essentials [hood, gloves, booties, mask, snorkle and fins]. Sport Challet is a good place to learn and the have several in-house facilities to train at. Sport Challet is a PADI school (most widely recognized school) and if you are not near a Sport Challet, I would strongly recomend you get your initial training from a NAUI training facility. If you have any ?'s I'd be more than happy to help you out.The place I looked at yesterday on the net is PADI, I looked into this about 6yrs ago and just never got around to it, I know I'll have to spring for the basics I'm prepared for that, just want to make sure I am getting my moneys worth on the training part of it. Thanks for the info.

FLEA DIDDY
    First off......the blow up pool u got at Toys R Us doesn't qualify as pool training. Secondly, water wings are on sale right now at Wall-Mart.
    Check with Sport Challet.......they have a class and then offer discounts on rental gear and purchases.Jason you are a tard, lol :yuk: see you later.

kanedog
    $2500-$3000 for gear after certification. there are a lot of choices with gear and prices , so have fun, be safe and good luck!!!!!!!!

Drift
    Flea, my personal opinion would be that you should go with a NAUI certification first, then switch over to PADI. NAUI is a little harder course wise and their Dive tables are more conservative. I think it gives beginner divers a better and safer foundation. Don't get me wrong, several of my certs are PADI and they will teach you well, but they are definately tuned more towards the resort style of diver.

FLEA DIDDY
    Flea, my personal opinion would be that you should go with a NAUI certification first, then switch over to PADI. NAUI is a little harder course wise and their Dive tables are more conservative. I think it gives beginner divers a better and safer foundation. Don't get me wrong, several of my certs are PADI and they will teach you well, but they are definately tuned more towards the resort style of diver.Ok Drift thanks for the info, I will do a little research before I committ to someone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast