Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tow with a Rhino?

sofa king smooth
    I've pulled my river cruiser out at my house at the river once with the rhino,and my neighbor pulls his 20ft rayson craft gn out all the time with his.
    Just put it in 4 wheel and lock the diff. We even go from dirt to concrete. I wouldn't worry about it.

sigepmock
    Well there you go Wes.....next time you're in Havasu let me know and you can use my Rhino to test it out....if the Trident pulls the Rhino into the lake....oh well....I know you're good for it :crossx:
    Let me know,
    Chris

2Driver
    Well there you go Wes.....next time you're in Havasu let me know and you can use my Rhino to test it out....if the Trident pulls the Rhino into the lake....oh well....I know you're good for it :crossx:
    Be sure to go to site 6 so we all get pictures :rollside: :rollside:

Eliminator951
    For what it's worth, if you are not going to the dunes I would not go turbo or supercharger unless you want to dump a ton of money into it. I have a Ranger XP and it has a ton of low end torque. I haven't pulled a boat with it yet but I have considered it often. The Ranger also comes standard with a 2" receiver as well as much larger tires stock over the Mule. Unless some specs have changed recently, the Ranger was the only one with a fully locked 4x4 system electronically on the fly (others have a limited slip on one or 2 axles); Plus it is Twin Cylender Fuel injected. I have heard reports in the Off Road Utility forums that the Rhinos do not have a stump pulling low gear like the Rangers. Take a look at both, the Ranger has a substantialy larger drivetrain.
    If your looking to trick it out, the Ranger has been way behind on aftermarket parts but it is slowly catching up.
    If weight is an issue, my buddy often takes the bed off his when we go to the dunes for more speed, it weighs approx 100 - 150 lbs or so. He just installed a turbo charger on his a few months back. I wouldn't recommend it for towing but it does move now.
    Do most campspots that allow golf carts allow Rangers?

gottaminute?
    i know you are near the capacity of the toter as far as gvw and length laws but do you still have towing capacity? think about a stacker trailer with the jeep/ samaraui deal. could solve all your problems at once. the only issue i can forsee is the width of the boat vs. trailer uprights (i've never seen a boat/trailer pic)
    pat

Jafojunkie
    Ive pulled out a 18 flatbottom with my rhino.
    Specs:
    Supercharged
    Clutch upgrade
    bigger tires
    i race it at glamis

Tom Brown
    I've done quite a bit of towing with a Honda garden tractor. It's geared so low, I could tow the Queen Mary with it.
    The only real problem is traction on inclines. Even with 200 lbs of winter weight on the back, sometimes I have to get someone to stand on the hitch to get it going. If the Rhino is four wheel drive, that would help a lot. I don't know if it would pull that big deck boat out of the water on a 15 degree grade, though.

Jordy
    Has anyone suggested a Jeep or a Samurai yet???

Tom Brown
    Has anyone suggested a Jeep or a Samurai yet???
    I was about to suggest a Maxima.

Sherpa
    stripped-down, tube frame sami........ Rock lobster 4 to 1 transfercase gear
    set, 5.39's in the pigs....... detroited or arb front and rear.... here's the
    ticket to weight issue though:
    tractor-tire water inflation valves on all tires........ I'm pretty sure water is
    available near lakes...... fill em up after unloading, then drain em out to load
    back into the mho....
    --Sherpa.......... do I get a ride in the trident now-? ......

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast