77charger
    Look like it aint called two steppin with lookie lou but more like
    brokeback with lookylou
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...m/0bb8078d.jpg

SCRINC
    Look like it aint called two steppin with lookie lou but more like
    brokeback with lookylou
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...m/0bb8078d.jpg
    Looks like the first ride in a V-drive .. His look on his face after that pass says it all!!!!!

Dragboat Announser Dude
    So it looks like everyone was wereing there jackets, but who was acting as rescue if someone got pitched or crashed?
    I see in the pics the driver has a jacket, and a helmet. But what about the guy riding in the right seat? Is his safety not important. We like to have fun but should be done in a manor that is not going to possibly injure someone or indanger themselves.
    Thats a nice channel to relax in but is still along ways for someone to get to blythe or parker if there was a accident.
    I didnt see a kill switch lanyard either on the flatty or his jacket, did he? What if that throttle stuck wide open while you were dragging out of the channel and a poontoon boat was coming down the river or a ski came out around the point?
    Bring it to Ming, or any other venue that offers racing with the proper rescue team and techs to make sure your safe!

Dragboat Announser Dude
    You guys should bring it up to Ming in September, join in on the river racer catagory. Check it out www.njbaracing.net (http://)

lil man wayne
    are you one of those guys that doesnt leave the house because it might rain or the sky might fall on you.

Cool pics!!
    AHA Quin rocks !!

MandDPerformance
    So it looks like everyone was wereing there jackets, but who was acting as rescue if someone got pitched or crashed?
    I see in the pics the driver has a jacket, and a helmet. But what about the guy riding in the right seat? Is his safety not important. We like to have fun but should be done in a manor that is not going to possibly injure someone or indanger themselves.
    Thats a nice channel to relax in but is still along ways for someone to get to blythe or parker if there was a accident.
    I didnt see a kill switch lanyard either on the flatty or his jacket, did he? What if that throttle stuck wide open while you were dragging out of the channel and a poontoon boat was coming down the river or a ski came out around the point?
    Bring it to Ming, or any other venue that offers racing with the proper rescue team and techs to make sure your safe!
    DBAD!!!!!
    Short for your long mispelled name!!!!
    I appreciate your concern more than anyone when it comes to safety. The flatty does have a kill lanyard and a chute hooked up; as well as a throttle stop, which for some unknown reason is not mandated by NJBA!!!! You know throttles don't stick just because they want too. And the passenger in the flatty, trust me; he gets only a fraction of the ride the driver gets alone.
    As far as traffic control is concerned there are boats at the inlet of the lagoon as well as pontoon boats to the side," far removed for safety of course," to serve as help if it were ever needed. I know most full bore club guys are against river racing with hopes to promote the club and safety. I don't blame you. But be cool when you observe others having fun and don't knock 'em for doing things they aren't doing. The nicer you come across the more people that might possibly show up to your events.
    As far as river racing is concerned this is about as safe as it gets. I have personally raced all over the river for many years and I have found no better spot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast