Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So who remembers being hit as a kid?

SmokinLowriderSS
    Got my backside belted quite a few times, did me no lasting harm, not even real memories of why's. One I will NEVER forget. I was in a store, and in teh checkout line, wanted some candy. Mom said no, and I began begging, and totally forgot DAD standing BEHIND me .......
    About 10 secconds into my efforts, stars exploded, my teeth tried to fall out, my knees buckled, and I think I became 3" shorter for a split seccond. Dad had thumped me on top of my head, open palmed. Not particularly hard, but AFTER rolling that class ring of his to a "stone-down" position between his hand and my gourd. :crossx: :crossx:
    My scene-making immediately stopped. :220v:
    I was old enough that I didn't want to cry in public (about 10 or so). :cry:
    I NEVER refused to accept "no" again after that. :idea:
    I still have a indent in my skull where the plates join that I jokingly blame on that.

AltarGirl
    My parents, especially Dad definitely believed in this & it made me who I am today. I knew what was wrong & what was right, not saying it was always the best, but I don't really look back in anger
    My .02 cents

Devil's Advocate
    Uh, yeah... Dad had the belt hanging on a nail on the wall in the kitchen, I guess so it was easily accessible and a "gentle" reminder for my brother and I. :220v: He'd have to crack it a couple times to make it worse before we got it. He was a mean SOB and over the top as far as ass whoopin's. I think my mom broke a wooden spoon and a hair brush on me before, but not much else from her. Dad had it covered, and then some. :cry:

No Name
    Uh, yeah... Dad had the belt hanging on a nail on the wall in the kitchen, I guess so it was easily accessible and a "gentle" reminder for my brother and I. :220v: He'd have to crack it a couple times to make it worse before we got it. He was a mean SOB and over the top as far as ass whoopin's. I think my mom broke a wooden spoon and a hair brush on me before, but not much else from her. Dad had it covered, and then some. :cry:
    TMI.......................... :frown:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234