Thread: YOU GUYS ALWAYS FAIL.......

nhbuoy
    to include in your debates/discussions of centerpod cat boats probably the best of the WHOLE bunch...COUGAR BOATS of CANADA!!!They are conspicuous by their absence in any thread on THE cat to own?!?!?!The gelcoat, lay-up, rigging, interiors, looks, & dollar value make it a true front runner in any comparison!!!What's the story...???

WetWillie
    I would say two things.. Location and price!!! Who wants to deal with a out of the country manufacturer and there prices are pretty steep.
    WW wink

Jrocket
    WetWillie:
    I would say two things.. Location and price!!! Who wants to deal with a out of the country manufacturer and there prices are pretty steep.
    WW wink I think that is correct.

SCOOTE69
    I just bought an eliminator over a cougar because of location and a great dealer--Mike and Geoff Tomlinson. (Ill keep you all up to date on how that goes when i get my boat, which is due in a week or 2) But cougars are cheaper than eliminators and dcbs. Check out the back cover of Hot Boat this month...cougar has lowered their prices a lot. They make an awesome boat and are priced reasonably.

Skaterfast
    I would say their pricing is very competitive.Look at the back of the latest ***boat.A 27',twin Merc,2.5,280hp tunnel for 89k.Please.I don't care what options are there or not,lets see Eliminator or Daves come close to that.I'd probably buy one if there was no such thing as Skater.

nhbuoy
    HEY SKATERFAST...If you noticed, I said CENTERPOD cat boats...I agree with you...SKATER is in a class all by itself!!!BUT, when you partially fill in the tunnel...COUGAR certainly gives those other boats a run for their money, & surpasses them in a lot of ways as well...You guys make it sound like CANADA is next to AFRICA!!!I see MANY CALIFORNIA built boats here on the east coast...Last I knew, MERCURY has dealers & service techs EVERYWHERE!!!COUGAR also has (surprise-surprise) an actual dealer network!!!Because of the $$$ exchange, you can get a COUGAR for WAY LESS money than a similiar boat here in the U.S.(SCOOT69 is right)...I'll put the COUGAR against ANY of DCB Dave's boats in ALL categories...I really like COUGAR's understated graphics...They aren't "so yesterday" the minute you drive it off the lot..."Impossible" gel coat designs, upholstered Igloo cooler jump seats, disco balls, neon (WTF??) lighting, 5000 watt stereos, everybody's doing it all white interiors & gauges, etc doesn't do it for me...Keep the BLING...give me the REAL DEAL...I LIKE my hair mussed!!!BTW...What do you guys think of the bolstered rear seat treatment ALA COBRA's cat boat???I am working on a best of both worlds idea...I NEED some input...THANX>>>>>>>>>

nhbuoy:
    Keep the BLING...give me the REAL DEAL...I LIKE my hair mussed!!! I like that...
    disco balls, neon (WTF)...LMAO smile_sp
    [ December 29, 2002, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

TOBTEK
    nhbuoy:
    HEY SKATERFAST...If you noticed, I said CENTERPOD cat boats...I agree with you...SKATER is in a class all by itself!!!BUT, when you partially fill in the tunnel...COUGAR certainly gives those other boats a run for their money, & surpasses them in a lot of ways as well...You guys make it sound like CANADA is next to AFRICA!!!I see MANY CALIFORNIA built boats here on the east coast...Last I knew, MERCURY has dealers & service techs EVERYWHERE!!!COUGAR also has (surprise-surprise) an actual dealer network!!!Because of the $$$ exchange, you can get a COUGAR for WAY LESS money than a similiar boat here in the U.S.(SCOOT69 is right)...I'll put the COUGAR against ANY of DCB Dave's boats in ALL categories...I really like COUGAR's understated graphics...They aren't "so yesterday" the minute you drive it off the lot..."Impossible" gel coat designs, upholstered Igloo cooler jump seats, disco balls, neon (WTF??) lighting, 5000 watt stereos, everybody's doing it all white interiors & gauges, etc doesn't do it for me...Keep the BLING...give me the REAL DEAL...I LIKE my hair mussed!!!BTW...What do you guys think of the bolstered rear seat treatment ALA COBRA's cat boat???I am working on a best of both worlds idea...I NEED some input...THANX>>>>>>>>> sounds like someone just got a job in the sales department for Cougar boats J/K......I agree cougar is alot of boat for the buck$$ but also disagree with them being ONLY in Canada,I know they also have a dist center in Lancaster, Ca (apx 5 hours each way from my home) Every new car, every new boat, every new house bought or sold WILL have some bugs to work out! Every boat manuf uses the same parts pretty much, but can you imagine buying a cougar in so-cal, and say taking it to DCB to have a hull issue looked at, or say the brandnew MTR22 you just had shipped down has a problem with the fuel gauges, or the trailer that COUGAR manufactures (they dont use extreme or competive) has a braking problem....you get the point. Having your dealer/manufacture near by is invaluable in my opinion. Yes, cougar was about 7-8K less, but the long distance relationship wasnt going to work out..Now saying that, if Cougar had a dealership say in San Diego or Riverside/corona area, there would be a new MTR22 in my garage right now! and a few dollars more in my checking account. And how about the owner Wayne, I havent meet a owner or manager yet more willing to work with me....what a guy. So, get a dealership in so-cal guys, you will sell some boats im sure. HEY WAIT A MINUTE, I work in sales......maybe I need a cotage biz!

Infomaniac
    There is a Cougar in Oklahoma ! There were 2 before one was traded in on an HTM.
    A few Ultras also.