Thread: 420 Megablower

StreetScrambler
    A general question: Should Weiand bring back the B&M 420 Megablower?
    Second question: Since service parts are drying up for the 420, should Weiand bring back a full selection of service parts?
    Your thoughts and input do count!

Jim W
    Well, no one else has responded so I will put in my 2 cents worth.
    Should Weiand bring them back??
    I wouldnt think so but I am sure Weiand has a bunch of marketing people to guide them on that.
    Parts wise, it sure would be nice if Weiand continued to supply parts and service. I have a brand new one just about to be put into use.
    I wasn't aware there is a parts shortage. Can you get a little more into that??
    How experianced are you with the 420??
    Be good, Jim

a 420 is very similar to a 671, so i'm told, & most blower shops (TBS,RBS etc) can re-build them etc...if u have a 16 rib set-up, some parts are hard to find used (pulleys, belts, etc)...if u have a 8mm set-up, most parts are readily available (pulleys, belts, etc)...if any1 needs the "original" brochure on the 420...PM me with ur e-mail addy & i'll send it to u...NOW for the not so good part...finding a used Superchiller/intercooler for the 420 is very very hard...there are not alot of them out there & new one's cost $1600+-...also...used manifolds are hard to find too & new one's cost around $400+-...if u have any other ???...feel free to ask me...i'm not an expert, but i do know a few things about them
    fastrat

Jim W
    Thanks Fastrat,
    I didn't think rebuilds were becoming a problem.
    Does the 420 use the same pulleys as a usual 6-71 8-71 blower?? I may need to get a few pullys for dyno day.
    My motor is alcohol so I wont need a intercooler. One of the reasons I went to alcohol was not having to buy and hook up the intercooler.
    Be good, Jim

Does the 420 use the same pulleys as a usual 6-71 8-71 blower?? I may need to get a few pullys for dyno day
    Jim...
    the 420 uses the same 8mm pulley's and idler pulley as does the 6-71 etc...u can also run the 13.9mm or 14.7mm pulley's with the appropriate belt
    Ron (fastrat)

Craig
    I've ran one since 2000. It's time to freshen it up, I called The Blower Shop, and they have everything I'd need.