Thread: Switching to Thru-Transom?

78' CANAM
    I've been thinking of going to a thur-transom header? how much quieter and what kind of performance changes may i see?

Cas
    I know about the quieter thing but not so sure about the performance loss. I switched from logs with OT pipes to tt headers and the quiet factor is large....we can talk without yelling now. Also, at idle with the tips below the water surface I'm pretty sure it'll pass any db check. With that, the Sheriff's don't even bother looking at it. We're real happy just in the fact our ears aren't ringing for 30 minutes after a run.
    As far as the performance, I don't "think" there would be much of noticable loss.

DEL51
    I put in a set of basset TT headers. I had over the transom headers and they were loud and I tried about $800.00 worth of mufflers. The thru transom exhaust extensions are half submerged at idle and it is much quieter. Boat still hauls ass.

78' CANAM
    That's all im really looking for! It to be a little more quite? My ears arent what they used to be!

Screemy1
    I am currently switching from Bassett OT's to logs with Rex's flush tips.... I know I might lose a little performance without the headers... but I want to get rid of the serious burn factor for our 3 1/2 year old....

78' CANAM
    I am currently switching from Bassett OT's to logs with Rex's flush tips.... I know I might lose a little performance without the headers... but I want to get rid of the serious burn factor for our 3 1/2 year old....
    Yeah, do it! I just gave myself a nice quarter size burn on my forearm. (not paying attention ) you deffintley dont want the baby grabbing a nice hot header!

atxwrangler
    i need some bbc headers!361-782-1241,if you decide to sell some!

HotDogz
    ***boat did an article some time back testing Bassetts OT and TT headers and noted only a 3 or 6 HP loss with TT headers. Negligible.
    Anyone remember the article? I think it was only a 3 HP loss on the dyno.