Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's racing njba?

motormonkey
    I'm thinking running rvr rcr class. How much running do you get at an event. Who is running class now that i could see what i need.I have some ? Thanks

scottys
    Go to ;njbaracing.net

LeE ss13
    The River Racer class for Flats, RRF, Jets, RRJ, and Hydros, RRH, had its beginings with NJBA in April 1984. at Lake Cahuilla in La Quinta CA. I know, you are saying "Where???". Lake Cahuilla, (pronouned Ku-wee-a), is a reservoir in La Quinta, (pronouned La Keen-ta), is about 7 miles Southwest of Indio or 20 miles Southeast of Palms Springs. I ran that race in the RRF Class for the first race of that class. The winner of the class at that first race ran 106 mph. I had a Kurtis Kraft with a 427 that only ran 96. It was my first pass in a real runner bottom. Years later, we have seen the MPH for RRF increase to 130+. Yikes!!! To answer your question, you get as many runs as any other class.

GofastRacer
    The River Racer class for Flats, RRF, Jets, RRJ, and Hydros, RRH, had its beginings with NJBA in April 1984. at Lake Cahuilla in La Quinta CA. I know, you are saying "Where???". Lake Cahuilla, (pronouned Ku-wee-a), is a reservoir in La Quinta, (pronouned La Keen-ta), is about 7 miles Southwest of Indio or 20 miles Southeast of Palms Springs. I ran that race in the RRF Class for the first race of that class. The winner of the class at that first race ran 106 mph. I had a Kurtis Kraft with a 427 that only ran 96. It was my first pass in a real runner bottom. Years later, we have seen the MPH for RRF increase to 130+. Yikes!!! To answer your question, you get as many runs as any other class.
    I remember racing there, that was a cool place too bad they wouldn't give them anymore water, it was a bit shallow!..

we used to race jetskiis on that lake, there were times wen the bottom would get exposed on super rough motos..fun place otherwise.

eraser
    my brother [sangerboy] runs njba riverracer w/his canyon flat. we usually get 3-4 runs on sunday. you have to pass basic tech, ie whirlaway, proper throttle return springs and kill switch. we have had nothing but a blast running up there. certainly a good way to get started and well worth the effort IMHO.

jwboat905
    I'm thinking running rvr rcr class. How much running do you get at an event. Who is running class now that i could see what i need.I have some ? Thanks
    you get a lot of runs if theres not a high boat count, usually 2 on sat and
    3-5 on sun, they use RR as a fill in.....also its alot cheaper to run than running a class or bracket.

Bobby Knight
    the first time we did that class was in 2000. kill switch, rope guard, remove passenger seat cushions. oddly my dads prop shaft didn't have a cottor pin, they required it, drilled one while in line. I recommend the whirlaway, but dont recall it a requirement, although we had a tranny. good luck, enjoy.

Sangerboy
    I've had a blast running it. It is a non-competetive/non-elimination participation class. On Sunday win or lose you get to run again on the next round whenever your flight is called. A great way to go if you just want to run your boat fast in a safe environment.

motormonkey
    Thanks for replies. The website shows motor restrictions in class or did it turn more into run what you brung

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast