Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mazda Miata

hoolign
    F.U.C.K. Y.O.U :crossx:

Flying Tiger
    Bought my daughter a new one for getting straight Ap's on her 16th birthday.
    A fun, reliable car.
    They'll run 300.000 trouble free miles easily
    It's in Mazda heaven now,, but she loved it.
    Every CHP officer i know has told me every 19 year old girl with a Drivers license they know has totaled a car.
    I bought the Honda s2000 because it's a bit bigger for me, and I got a killer deal.

hoolign
    Bought my daughter a new one for getting straight Ap's on her 16th birthday.
    A fun, reliable car.
    They'll run 300.000 trouble free miles easily
    It's in Mazda heaven now,, but she loved it.
    Every CHP officer i know has told me every 19 year old girl with a Drivers license they know has totaled a car.
    I bought the Honda s2000 because it's a bit bigger for me, and I got a killer deal.
    Did she ever mention racing a Maxima?? "

ROZ
    http://www.scottkeen.com/miata/images/megamonster1.jpg http://www.scottkeen.com/miata/images/megamonster2.jpg
    monster Miata use to be near my house.... Use to see them all the time road testing.. The Mega Monster Miata was almost 430hp sub 12sec because the car was so light
    Wierd hearing the rumble of a sic hotrod and turning to see a miata..lol.. There was a cobra shop near that shop. The first time I heard one pull up next to me at a light, I expected to see on of the cobras... I was like WTF... Then it took off like a rocket

Old Texan
    It took only 24 minutes of trolling to get the perfect response. I wonder where the car got its girlie car image? I thought the same thing, never gave it much thought as a sports car, until I drove one. Now I'm hooked. Take this into cosideration.
    Perfectly balanced roadster. Several articles back this up.
    Stock suspension with nice street tires pull 1.1 to 1.2 lateral G's.
    Turbo output generates up to 250 RWHP.
    The car weighs 22XX pounds. Do the math on HP/WT.
    If you can get it to hook up, you can get into the 12's on the 1/4.
    Superchargers are available for the 1.8, soon to be a coldside on the 1.6
    Gets 32 MPG
    Costs anywhere from $3000 to $5000 for a great car.
    Check out this video of a daily driver Miata on a course with the Porsche Club.
    Miata "The Fish" (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....4-F9F90A127AD3)
    Not for dialup, unless you have all day.
    Please respond after you watch this video.
    Japs originally came out with the thingto copmpete with MG and Triumph before Brithish Leyland was respectfully put to rest. As far as handling and such they can't be beat. SSCA rally eventshave been dominated for years by these cars.
    Their biggest problem and girlie image stems from the lack of power and sophistication of boy toy sports cars, old 911's, 951's, and 914-6's, Z cars, Mazda rotaries and such. As far as something fun to drive they are hard to beat.
    I'm 6'4" high 200's now, but when I was at my youthful prime weight in low 200's I drove TR6's and TR4's. Always got strange looks crawling out of those things. But the fact of the matter is the stigma of the old European cars is gone except for the restore guys. The Jap Miata was viewed as just a copy and no red blooded sports car guy would be seen in one, except on the track with racing gear.

Jbb
    I have always been a ragtop man myself...

Wet Dream
    Roz, that black one is bad ass. Yeah, you can shoehorn a small block Chevy, or LS1 or just about any combination in them. People that don't drive them, just don't get it. Dammit, I love that black one.

MikeF
    Looks like I'm gonna come out of the closet on this one too. :crossx:
    I've had one for a few years now and it is a fun, CHEAP, and decent commuter car. I found the one I wanted and bought it. It's a 94R model w/ bilsteins, stouter springs and sway bars, Torsen rear end, 3 front and rear spoilers, bigger brakes. To those who know, this is the miata you want to start with. I put wheels off my last car along w/ Azenis tires that stick like mad and make no noise when pushed hard, car goes exactly where I point it. I fabricated a roll bar and installed it. Replaced the top too.
    Maybe eventually I'll put a turbo or a supercharger on it........? I do have a 4.3 aluminum Lexus V8 in the garage that needs new bearings and that might also find it's home in the engine bay. :220v: Here it is the way it sits now.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...IMG_0020_1.jpg
    I know I'll get a hard time from Holly Molly now! :boxed:
    NOT gay.

ROZ
    Roz, that black one is bad ass. Yeah, you can shoehorn a small block Chevy, or LS1 or just about any combination in them. People that don't drive them, just don't get it. Dammit, I love that black one.
    I believe they used the drivetrain from the Ford Mustang lx on the regular monsters(chiped, head work, and exhaust), and used the same setup but s/charged the Mega monsters..
    They tried to register them as "kits" here and failed miserably. They sold a lot of cars to Texans, Arizonans, Floridians, and Newy Yorkers, but only a few here...
    I thought they moved to Az., but I couldn't find much about them when I just searched..

hoolign
    There was a company in Vancouver BC in North Vancouver over ten years ago that was putting the Monster Miata kits out . They origainally put out Cobra kits ..I used to do some gold plating for them but can not rememeber their name.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast