Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Stereo Help-- new system for DCB

roln 20s
    I'd love to put a huge stereo in my new Mach 26 DCB, but don't need a crazy stereo or spending $4-$8K.
    Here is what I would like:
    4 quality coaxial speakers
    1 (10 or 12") sub
    5 channel amp
    Questions:
    A quality 5 channel amp with Class A/B for 4 speakers and a Class D sub channel. What do you guys recommend? I'd like to keep it under $500--but all recommendations are appreciated.
    What sub and speakers do you recommend? I would like to run the same brand if possible.
    I plan on using an Alpine CD receiver (XM and IPOD ready) with the IPOD adapter. Any good or bad experience with these decks in boats?
    Thanks,
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Thanks SWB-- trying to find some more info on these Autotek amps. I am not familiar with Autotek amps. What else do you know? If I spent more than $500 for the amp, what would you get? I am familiar with Focal speakers and know of their high end presence.
    Thanks again,
    Roln 20s

ROZ
    Any partcular reason you need 1 footprint? I can help out with a couple small JL amps... 3004 and a 250-1? May be able to help out on the focal, too... You know I hoked Toby up ...lol

Phat Matt
    If you are only going with 4 speakers make sure they are placed right. It makes a big difference. Put them as high as you can or angle them up from the floor.
    Have fun.

roln 20s
    If you are only going with 4 speakers make sure they are placed right. It makes a big difference. Put them as high as you can or angle them up from the floor.
    Have fun.
    Exactly...I have heard that before and plan to mount then next to the throttles and high next to the rear seat. Thanks for confirming everyone else's advice.
    See you on the water.
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Any partcular reason you need 1 footprint? I can help out with a couple small JL amps... 3004 and a 250-1? May be able to help out on the focal, too... You know I hoked Toby up ...lol
    Thanks so much, and even though I talk to Toby all the time, I never knew you were the one that got him his stuff.
    Here is the system I really want:
    3 pair of Focal Coax
    2 JL audio 12s
    1 JL audio e6450 (for all speakers)
    1 JL audio Slash 250 or 500 for the subs
    The problem hasn't been the price of the components, its been the install cost for all this stuff.
    I'm still trying to finalize what I want..send me a PM with a setup you recommend and the price of the components.
    Thanks,
    Patrick

boxscore
    I've had a couple 5 channel amps in the past. They've never performed well. You may spend another couple hundred bucks with two amps and get reliable power out of them.

rivercrazy
    Couldn't agree more with the recommendation to go with 2 amps. Get a seperate class D sub amp and another amp to power your comp's. Another brand that you may consider is JBL. Solid quality, underrated power output, warranty, and for reasonable pricing. A PX600.2 would send about 150 watts to each of your component speakers.
    If your not planning any future stereo additions, you just might consider 6X9's. They will be louder than 6.5's. Just get higher quality 6X9's such as MB Quart's, Infinity Kappa 693.7i's or JBL 953's.

riverbound
    Maybe you should hold off on the stereo until you can afford to do it right????
    Why would you sacrifice the quality of the install and sound to save a couple $$ on the install labor??
    It baffles me that you would go with one of the best boats on the market....underpower it in both the motor and stereo dept. all in the name of saving a few bucks. Are you going to put ARCO or Costco gas in your boat too???

MR HARLEY
    Why not go with what DCB offers you or maybe move up to a Phase one ? I brain stormed about going this route with our stereo install. I could have even provided the product and saved money.
    However after all the pros and cons were laid out , we still ended up going with what the manufacture offered.
    Is it worth the money ? may be maybe not (depending on what phase you go ), but knowing if something does fail while using the builders products , they will stand behind it and replace and or fix without hesitation. That in itself was a big reason we went with thier product and install , less all around hassle, (peace of mind).

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast