Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Need Stereo Help-- new system for DCB

roln 20s
    DAve's phase 1 is 5k?
    The Phase I upgrade is 2K and includes a CD player, 4 6.5" speakers, one 12 and one amp.
    Riverbound-- do you have a shop? I'd like to have everything done before I take delivery, but I have called different shops to consider installs. In the end, I'm not seeing too much difference between DCB's price and these shops.
    What can you do and how much? I'm open to having you or any other knowledgable ***boat member hook me up...I'll provide the beer too
    Roln 20s

riverbound
    The Phase I upgrade is 2K and includes a CD player, 4 6.5" speakers, one 12 and one amp.
    Riverbound-- do you have a shop? I'd like to have everything done before I take delivery, but I have called different shops to consider installs. In the end, I'm not seeing too much difference between DCB's price and these shops.
    What can you do and how much? I'm open to having you or any other knowledgable ***boat member hook me up...I'll provide the beer too
    Roln 20s
    If things go right I will be in a shop beofre your boat is ready to be rigged. I will keep in touch with you. as things go on.

TOBTEK
    if your not going to do a DCB PHASE whatever, and you dont want to spend DUMB $$$$ on a system. have Roz get you two Fo-Cal poly-kevelar two way ststems, two 11" polyglass subs, two decent amps, and call it a day......will sound great and wont be very expensive........who loves ya more than me?
    heres one now........ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Focal...646QQitemZ8028 747733QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

roln 20s
    if your not going to do a DCB PHASE whatever, and you dont want to spend DUMB $$$$ on a system. have Roz get you two Fo-Cal poly-kevelar two way ststems, two 11" polyglass subs, two decent amps, and call it a day......will sound great and wont be very expensive........who loves ya more than me?
    heres one now........ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Focal...646QQitemZ8028 747733QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    Talked to Roz last night and today-- I said I wanted a stereo like Toby and he said "why--its sucks, don't copy Toby on anything." Just kidding-we are in 'negotiations' for a bad ass system. I should have something finalized within the next few days on this system. I sent you the specifics to your email- what do you think?
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Stereo is done...thanks for all of your input:
    Alpine CDA 9853 CD/WMA/XM/IPOD Ready receiver
    Alpine IPOD adapter
    XM adapter
    (1) JL Audio e6450 Amp (6*75 watts)
    (1) JL Audio Slash 500/1 Sub Amp (1*500 watts)
    (3 pair) Focal Polyglass 165 cv with crossovers (2 pair in cockpit, 1 pair in bow)
    (2) JL Audio 12w3v2D4
    one additional Odyssey Dry Cell Battery
    The install will be done by DCB when the boat is being built.
    Special thanks to ROZ-- thanks for the advice and hook up.
    Once they start the install, I'll get some pics going.
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Upgrade to the 9855. The 4v versus 2v preamp voltage is well worth the money.
    Ok, what does that mean? What does it do for me?
    Thanks for helping in advance.
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Preout voltage is king. More clean signal to the amp, less gain on the amp to achieve the same volume. Amps running cleaner and cooler. I have a 9855 running four amps and I'm considering adding an Audio Control Matrix 6 channel line driver to bump my voltage up even more.
    Alrighty--good explaination to a non stereo guy. I'll check it out--hey ROZ-- did you get this
    Thanks again,
    Roln 20s

ROZ
    Audio Control Matrix 6 channel line driver to bump my voltage up even more.
    That's a nice piece...

ROZ
    Alrighty--good explaination to a non stereo guy. I'll check it out--hey ROZ-- did you get this
    Thanks again,
    Roln 20s
    I got it..
    The gains on the amp increase everything in the rca cable..signal and noise picked up along the way. One thing to remember is that the decks of yesterday were a little dirtier(some exclusions), so the 4v was a huge drive for a more powerful signal over any noise picked up since you didn't have to turn the gain up so high...
    I think the 2volt will be fine for your application, but if you want 4v we can do that... Not too much more...
    If you want 4v by Alpine, you'd better get the CDA9855 now. The 06 4v cd headunit is a LOT more... 650.00 retail... The dvd headunit with 4volt is ever more!
    Other than F1status... only 2 4volt headunits will be available 06...
    My guess is that 07 ALpine will probably only have 4 headunit available... not that I heard anything....

roln 20s
    Thanks guys. Hey ROZ, give me a call sometime tomorrow. Thanks agaim.
    Patrick

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast