Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TRUCk, needs frontend alignment in HAVASU

Squirtin Thunder
    I beg to differ here.....I'm sure Squirtin Thunder will back me up on this....BFG's are the BEST out there. I've had Goodyears, Mickey Thompson, Pro Comp, Bridgestone and several others and they ALL suck compared to BFG's. I had a set of Goodyears and I blew 3 of the 4 out (sidewall failure) within 10,000 miles on the street. I've only had 3 flats EVER on BFG's and this is counting the 1000's of offroad racing miles I've logged throughout the years.
    On a side note, BFG just won their 20th straight overall 4 wheel Baja 1000.
    On the street my dually has had the factory Firestones 3 sets of BFG mudterain tires 1 of Micheline(parent company of BFG) and now I have Goodyears on and I hate them.
    BTW- The truck has 478K on it
    BFG tires are the only way to go in a military, baja, city assult and racing in the Nevada desert. They are the best tire for any application. Now the tire stores suck and they will sell you the wrong tire for the application, and the wrong wieght rating because they have them on hand. BFG also gives the best support in the industry but most people don't even know it exists even if you are not a racer. This is called Adventure Assurance Program. If you get stuck, we'll send a truck; the first roadside assistance coupled with a manufactures off-road assistance program.

dicudmore
    besides the pull, it shakes
    Miguel if you have a shake, that is tires...

Beer-30
    Miguel if you have a shake, that is tires...
    Now now, a bent or dimpled rim will do it too. Or, threw the weights. Not just tire.

djunkie
    I beg to differ here.....I'm sure Squirtin Thunder will back me up on this....BFG's are the BEST out there. I've had Goodyears, Mickey Thompson, Pro Comp, Bridgestone and several others and they ALL suck compared to BFG's. I had a set of Goodyears and I blew 3 of the 4 out (sidewall failure) within 10,000 miles on the street. I've only had 3 flats EVER on BFG's and this is counting the 1000's of offroad racing miles I've logged throughout the years.
    On a side note, BFG just won their 20th straight overall 4 wheel Baja 1000.
    Well thats your experience with them. Mine has been different. And I was very anal about keeping the tire pressures and rotations on scheldue. I was just not very impressed with the all terrains. After they were about half way worn they started making A LOT of noise and I was having to rebalance them every 5k miles. Then my next set I stepped up to mud terrains. Within 3k miles I had one blow on the way back from the river. It ended up being a defect in the tire where one of the knobs actually blew off the tire. Kinda scary since I was towing the boat. I'm sure you may have had good luck as well as others and BFG is a great co. but I have had some bad luck.
    Now knowing Kilr has changed the rims and tire size and has messed with the ride height via cranking on the torsion bars his alignment could be off causing his tires to be wearing funny.

djunkie
    On the street my dually has had the factory Firestones 3 sets of BFG mudterain tires 1 of Micheline(parent company of BFG) and now I have Goodyears on and I hate them.
    BTW- The truck has 478K on it
    BFG tires are the only way to go in a military, baja, city assult and racing in the Nevada desert. They are the best tire for any application. Now the tire stores suck and they will sell you the wrong tire for the application, and the wrong wieght rating because they have them on hand. BFG also gives the best support in the industry but most people don't even know it exists even if you are not a racer. This is called Adventure Assurance Program. If you get stuck, we'll send a truck; the first roadside assistance coupled with a manufactures off-road assistance program.
    I agree with you. In the field, offroad, mud, snow their great. On the highway they SUCK!!!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Why the hell do you need an alignment already?
    its a chevy

Beer-30
    its a chevy
    Yeah, but the alignment was knocked out when he it a part that fell off of a Ford.

Squirtin Thunder
    I agree with you. In the field, offroad, mud, snow their great. On the highway they SUCK!!!
    The last three sets of BFG muds I had on my truck I got damn near 100K, and they are still good enough to use as spares.

Woodster
    I drive ALOT of highway miles and run 35" BFG A/t .. I swear I got almost 75k miles out of my last set and they still had some tread left on them. I just bought another set for my other truck also..

Squirtin Thunder
    The last three sets of BFG muds I had on my truck I got damn near 100K, and they are still good enough to use as spares.
    I helps to have six to rotate around the truck.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast