Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water restrictors on basset headers

bakerjet
    i just installed the .125 restrictors on the the inlet water lines and seem to have more water on one side anybody have this happen? it's not blueing the headers i just have more steam on one side.

Wicked Performance Boats
    I drilled mine @ .060. Restrictors should not make one side steam more. BL

bakerjet
    so you drilled them another .060''? think i need a valve on the outlet to pinch?

Wicked Performance Boats
    I didn't drill them more. The header to hose adapter, #8to#8 male, is the right size to use an 1/8th np tap, then install 1/8 pipe plug. Then drill the pipe plug to .060. but if your flow is not the same, something is plugged. Budlight

texas-19
    I had the same thing happen,either drill out the side that has less flow or order the next smaller size and install in side with more flow.Buying the smaller size restrictor worked for me anyway.

bakerjet
    i found a small piece of trash in the hose i bet that was it. thanks guys. :rollside:

PC Rat
    Has anyone tried restricting the flow to water jacketed headers such as Lightnings? I've been told that you only NEED enough water to keep the rubber supply hoses from melting.
    Brian

PC Rat
    Has anyone tried restricting the flow to water jacketed headers such as Lightnings? I've been told that you only NEED enough water to keep the rubber supply hoses from melting.
    Brian
    Anybody??????
    OK, how 'bout this; do Lightning headers come with instructions? If so, what size supply lines do they recommend going to each side? My boat already had a -10 line going to each side, I was thinking about going to -8s.
    Brian

superdave013
    Brian
    you need enough to keep the rubber hose from the header / tail pipe from melting. Most dump all the water out the jacketed headers that I see.

Duane HTP
    It can be done, but if you do it that way, you have defeated the purpose of the water jacketed headers to start with. So why bother?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast