Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: nice a$$

EZE II
    Bob I didn't realize just how much I liked your boats ass until now. By far the best yet!!!

SGettmann
    Hallet - Nice shot! I'm jealous. I should pull my rig down in the spring and park it on the WSU or University of Idaho campuses and claim that I'm from HOT BOAT Magazine, looking for models to hang out on my Schiada in two pieces (it's worth a try). I'll make up free stringy shirts to go with it that says Schiada Racing. I wonder if I could get Lee to sponsor the shirts? Now that's an idea to ponder. I would have to get those photos posted. :idea:

wsuwrhr
    Let me know if anyone needs me to wipe down the ass in this picture.
    Be more than happy to.
    Brian
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...SCHBWM_087.jpg

Riverkid
    One of those cuties might be Bob's daughter?..

wsuwrhr
    One of those cuties might be Bob's daughter?..
    Oh, well I meant it in a nice way. I have soft towels for the transoms.
    Brian

Riverkid

JBUSAF
    Hey Mike, I remember "Crisp & Clean", #300, as a 21' Hallet in the early 80's, things change.
    Here is a trivia question, in the early 80's what was the cleanest Ski Race boat running around?
    And no, the #800 blue Schiada, while certainely very nice on the eyes was not it?
    Have a great day!
    JB

Riverkid
    Do you remember Tom Rossebo's Boat #143? A red 19' Spectra. That was a clean race boat. I wish I could find all the pics of race boats I took in the early 80's...

JBUSAF
    I don't recall a #143, but there were a bunch of those type running with the Edelbrock/Herbst group in the Desert, Region III I believe.

SGettmann
    Hey Mike, I remember "Crisp & Clean", #300, as a 21' Hallet in the early 80's, things change.
    Here is a trivia question, in the early 80's what was the cleanest Ski Race boat running around?
    And no, the #800 blue Schiada, while certainely very nice on the eyes was not it?
    Have a great day!
    JB
    From the early 80's - let's see if my 0-9 class memory can recall. Sam Moss had some really nice 21' Rayson Crafts, Sunny Tan with his setup, Billy Dunsmore with his 21' Schiada, Billy Way with his #84 Blown 20' Schiada with Zoomies on it. (this boat would launch out of the water and take a light weight skier and clear the water by a foot or so coming out of the hole - no turbo setup could hang with it). My dad's NWSRA #47 boat was pretty cool. An then my favorite, CJ Baker for having his clamp on fly in the wind anytime spectators were around (had to be a hell of a skier to ride behind him, because the boat was always in the air). Then there's the Armoral colored Schiada - Joules Vandenbrauch's. Another newer boat to the circuit, Flying Colors was pretty sweet as well. All child hood memories for me. And don't forget Edelbrock, with his 3 boats and sea plane. I remember clearly at Crazy Horse - 'Vic Edelbrock, please get your sea plane off the course'.
    The early 80's had allot of sweet boats out there. The flat bottoms and 19's were starting to be fased out, and the 21's were coming into a class of their own. Schiada's and Rayson Craft's were owning the circuit. The motors were also getting bigger. This was the period where family ski racing was becoming more difficult to maintain it's competitive edge. Sponsors were moving in, and less participation compared to the early 80's. Plus, the speeds were getting up there to the point where wrapped up skiers were getting seriously hurt. The sport is still cool, though it would be better if it could get back to the number of participants that it had during the 80's.