Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theft at Nautical

hallett21
    K so we get to havasu a week before today and drop an anchor in front of the nautical rooms (the timshare ones) so the wind kicks up so we decide to pull the boat out of the water. we launch the next day and our $150 box anchor, chain and line is gone. The guy next to us said he thought it was stolen cause he went down looking for it. So we go and buy a new anchor and line. Drop the anchor. We head out towards the sand bar and we get back and WTF the anchor is GONE!!!! Both times the anchor was sercurely fastened to a buoy so there was no chance the line sank. we talked to the harbor master guy and he says that this is normal cuz druggies steal the anchots for easy money!! WTF!!!! i guess havasu isnt wat it used to be

Brian
    Sorry to hear that but you're right, Havasu and the river aren't what they used to be. I lost a nice slalom ski out of my boat a few weeks back in front of Rotary beach...
    :cry:

JB in so cal
    I've never heard of such a thing.................There's a Harbor master? wtf?

Jyruiz
    Sucks to hear, specially since it is happening more and more. Seems like we can't go a week with out somebody getting something stolen.

hallett21
    I've never heard of such a thing.................There's a Harbor master? wtf?
    yeah go figure.... i think thats the official name for pontoon rental driver/ docker

USCFAN
    If its not bolted down they will probably steal it.....

Trailer Park Casanova
    It's a good chance it's the employees that you talk to that are involved in the thefts.
    They get paid $6 bux an hour,, and can get $50 ea for the stolen anchors x 2 = double their day take home wages, hell, damn near their weeks wages.
    Those A holes know who's doing the stealing, they're part of it.

TrojanDan
    It's a good chance it's the employees that you talk to that are involved in the thefts.
    They get paid $6 bux an hour,, and can get $50 ea for the stolen anchors x 2 = double their day take home wages, hell, damn near their weeks wages.
    Those A holes know who's doing the stealing, they're part of it.
    Don't be so quick to judge. My friend Kenny happens to be your friendly boat rental and "Harbormaster" at the Nautical Inn. The guy has lived 20 plus years in LHC and makes a decent living, not the $6 "bux" you say. He would lend his last dollar to someone if they needed it.
    Besides, why in the world would you leave a box anchor in the water to save your spot? Why not use a coffee cup filled with rocks or a POS anchor?

Roxysnow
    Why did you leave your box anchor in the water? Just because your renting a room doesn't mean your automatically reserved a specific spot on the beach all weekend? The beaches in at the Nautical are reserved for the residents at the hotel after 5pm. We have seen many boats in the cove get there props tangled in the anchor lines because peeps think they can reserve spots! This is a problem that has gone on and on at the Nuatical. Imagine if the channel was like that? Can we leave our anchors in the water 72 hours and expect no one to park there? NOT!
    Sorry for your loss with both anchors to bad they couldn't have just left them on the beach if they were pissed!

DeeCandyBar
    Lake Tweakersu is becoming very unfriendly to people who work for their stuff and want to keep it. its another problem that the area needs to deal wtih in order to keep the quality of life acceptable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast