Thread: Bad Jet? 76 Sleekcraft Daycruiser 23ft.

eside61
    I bought htis boat from my buddy. It has a 460ci Ford BB. Normally when I take off full throttle the boat will haul! Today I took it out and when I give it gas full throttle the engine revs up and it wont kick into drive. It will eventually catch speed lil by little but why is it doing this now? I have to throw it in reverse and gas it, then drop it back forward to get it going.. What is wrong with it, how can it be fixed and what would it cost me..
    Also to make matters worse I was docking the boat and some rope floating in the water got sucked into my jet now the engine wont kick over.. how can I get this fixed?? email me at artmolina@yahoo.com thanks

DelawareDave
    Sounds like you got sumpin sucked up into the pump. With the boat OUT OF THE WATER, pull the clean out cap off and look inside. Also look up from underneath, into the intake.

QuickJet
    I had the same prolblem. Ends up a pretty good sized rock got sucked up into the intake grate. Pulled it out and I was back on the water!

1978 Rogers
    Had that happen to me last year. Sucked up a bunch of milfoil. Anything like wood, rocks or milfoil sucked in the pump will cause that to happen.