Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VERY important Casitas info...

AngryJosh
    I feel that this is a fairly important topic, as for years we have not been able to set foot into lake Casitas. Last week while at the launch ramp, a ranger came up to us and asked us to slow it down a little since the speed limit on the water was only 40mph He also mentioned that the bureau of Reclamation was looking at making the lake usable to watersports enthusiasts. Anotherwords, being able to play in the water. The technology for water treatment has matured to the point whereas this is very possible. The first step in making this a reality is to write a letter to the below address, making sure to mention that you are a frequent user of this park, an outstanding member of the community, and would very much like to see lake Casitas graduate into the ranks of other "usable" watersports parks!!
    The e-mail I have reads
    Thank you for your inquires about water skiing at Lake Casitas. As the owner of the property, the Bureau of Reclamation is accepting written comments until July 15th to assist in developing potential recreational uses of Lake Casitas. Should you wish to comment, please forward them to:
    repperson@mp.usbr.gov
    and mail a copy to:
    Lake Casitas RMP
    c/o Virginia Gardner
    URS Corporation
    130 Robin Hill Road #100
    Santa Barbara, Ca 93117
    Brian Roney
    Park Services Manager
    Casitas Municipal Water District
    805-649-2233 x111
    Thanks AngryJosh

RitcheyRch
    Definitely good news if it indeed happens.

a catered life
    you sound a little angry to me :argue:

RitcheyRch
    Who?? Me????

you sound a little angry to me :argue:

AngryJosh
    Naw, that fools talkin to me.
    Whats up dawg?? I hear you guys are havin fun up there in the A.V. without me? :argue:

n8dawg
    Last week while at the launch ramp, a ranger came up to us and asked us to slow it down a little since the speed limit on the water was only 40mph
    When did that happen? And did you tell him that your boat only does 58mph? I mean thats half of what those trition fishing boats go!!!
    Peace outty!!!!

MBlaster
    WOW that would be nice.
    Hope it happens in my lifetime.

a catered life
    Naw, that fools talkin to me.
    Whats up dawg?? I hear you guys are havin fun up there in the A.V. without me? :argue:
    what up...and yes we are...... we were waiting for you to move out so we could start the party just joking
    hows the fam and the gig going?
    have you had time to enjoy any of the new toys yet?

desertbird
    Just go behind the island, jump in and pee real fast, then get out before the ranger sees ya!!!! :rollside: :rollside:
    I only launched there once, and that was to sell the last boat. I actually recieved a look from ranger boy when I walked into the water to help my boat off the trailer. Sorry, but I wasn't going to try and use the crummy-ass launch docks in the middle of the lanes.
    Note to board: Castaic is a "Water sports recreational lake" and they are cracking down on swimming since that idiot drowned in the cove.
    It sucks, but I don't even waste my time going to the local SoCal lakes.
    I save my money and vacation time for multiple day trips to central cali or the River. We just burned almost $1000 in gas for the trip to DonPedro.

n8dawg
    Note to board: Castaic is a "Water sports recreational lake" and they are cracking down on swimming since that idiot drowned in the cove.
    It sucks, but I don't even waste my time going to the local SoCal lakes.
    I save my money and vacation time for multiple day trips to central cali or the River. We just burned almost $1000 in gas for the trip to DonPedro.
    Wow! Cool!...................................... :yuk:
    You see, Casitas is 5 miles from my door. It makes for a good test and tune lake. Cause the water is ALWAYS GOOD!!! So far I haven't had any problems getting on the gas as long as I do it behind the island.
    My only concern is that will turn out to be like Piru? Right now I like the lake as is. Just a few fishing boats (that will smoke any jet boat!) every so often you'll see some cool boats out there kicking back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast