Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anchor

Diablo54
    What kind of Anchor should I get for the 18' Tahatti. Any recomondations and where to buy it and also where to get a splash guard

AngryJosh
    This is easy...BOX ANCHOR. And you can get it at West Marine in Ventura. Get the small one, its all you need for an 18ft boat.

Bense468
    small box anchor here at Rex Marine (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...y_Code=boxanch)
    If you want to spend the money on a good anchor. This one is great for any bottom. If you want to go cheaper, it all depends on the river/lake bottom where you boat.

Aluminum Squirt
    Two words.....Box Anchor! Its the only way to go. It's held every time I've used it from my little race boat to a 23' North River, which weighs roughly the same as a house. I threw that thing out in the Yuba River flowing at over 1500 CFS (about 1' deep, flowing pretty fast) and it held a buddy's North River like it was no big deal. I've used it in sand, mud, and rocks and it has never failed. I've never needed more than once to set it. Its also nice because you don't need any chain on it and it folds up nice and flat. A little spendy but worth every penny-Aluminum Squirt

caribbean20
    I just bought the box anchor, have not yet used it. So you are using this without the chain? With the traditional anchor, thought the chain helped ensure a proper set when the line got slack, not needed with the box anchor?
    I bought the $129 version. Boat is 20'.

GunninGopher
    I use my small box anchor with with a 5' galvanized chain. I guess I'm just too old fashioned to go without. I can tell you that it holds on like nothing else. Using a chain does allow you to shorten up the line, if you will be anchoring where people will have to walk around.
    I've used it in sand and hard mud. I can't talk enough about how good it is. My danforth flute and mushroom anchors are now kept in the garage.

small box anchor here at Rex Marine (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...y_Code=boxanch)
    If you want to spend the money on a good anchor. This one is great for any bottom. If you want to go cheaper, it all depends on the river/lake bottom where you boat.
    Thats easy,...just go to the sandbar @ blythe and look for my box anchor with a floaty rope (grey) and it'll work perfect for you!

jbone
    Save a $100 bucks and get yourself the 20 lb Navy anchor. See the link.
    The 20 lb is not pictured, but it is coated with white vinyl. This really helps from scratching the gel. It is heavy enough to be used in shallow water without a chain. The overall length is only about 16-18 inches long. Mine easily stores in the achor storage bin in the bow.
    It holds my 3500 lb 21 footer in swift 2-3 ft deep water at the sandbar.
    http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=276
    J

BadBahner
    I use a box anchor and no chain. I also suggest getting a slide anchor and which is a shore spike type device and an anchor buddy. Anchor buddy is a stretchy anchor line that is really helpful in current with wakes.
    Eric

Aluminum Squirt
    Ya, no chain. I thought that was a little odd too. Not sure where I got the info from, either somebody on here or in the directions. Regardless, I tried no chain and it sets every time. I hooked my anchor buddy right to it and it works good enough that I'll never think about buying any other type of anchor-Aluminum Squirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast