Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anchor

GunninGopher
    Ya, no chain. I thought that was a little odd too. Not sure where I got the info from, either somebody on here or in the directions. Regardless, I tried no chain and it sets every time. I hooked my anchor buddy right to it and it works good enough that I'll never think about buying any other type of anchor-Aluminum Squirt
    The Box anchor ads and instructions say no chain is needed.
    I just like to sleep at night :rollside:
    I agree with never buying anything else. I was completely convinced on one trip this year.

centerhill condor
    like jbone except with a 10 lb..... I'm in a lake and no chain... don't like all that clankin' during silent running... but to each his own...

El Prosecutor
    like jbone except with a 10 lb..... I'm in a lake and no chain... don't like all that clankin' during silent running... but to each his own...
    Is the 10 pounder big enough? I have always run the boat all day (19' mini day cruiser) , but am starting to settle down a little, thinking I might want to have a little picnic or something between sessions for a change. I have a 10lb. and a 15lb. (both Sea Dog Navy anchors) I would rather haul the 10 pounder if it is sufficient.

MikeF
    The cheapest one you can find. Those box anchors seem to have a way of floating away! :crossx: (which sucks!)

boats&bars
    I think the place is l&l marine in santa ana or corona for the splash guard or s&w plastics can make you one

jbone
    Is the 10 pounder big enough? I have always run the boat all day (19' mini day cruiser) , but am starting to settle down a little, thinking I might want to have a little picnic or something between sessions for a change. I have a 10lb. and a 15lb. (both Sea Dog Navy anchors) I would rather haul the 10 pounder if it is sufficient.
    I use the 20 lb because my boat is a heavy 21 footer. It holds in very swift shallow without a chain.
    Plus, have you ever kicked of of those bear trap box anchors? Not nice. My anchor settles in completely under the sand.
    I love mine and will never change. Plus I like the price.
    J

rposton1
    I use the 20 lb because my boat is a heavy 21 footer. It holds in very swift shallow without a chain.
    Plus, have you ever kicked of of those bear trap box anchors? Not nice. My anchor settles in completely under the sand.
    I love mine and will never change. Plus I like the price.
    J
    Yeah What He Said :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12