Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another canyon wrecked

469 the coyote
    Please make sure you guys check the trailer latches. The one on my moms ellis broke yesterday. I got to watch it pass me and go crashing throw a wood fence and into to brick fence post. The trailer took most of the force, but the boat is pretty banged up. I just hope that we can get it fixed to go the races this weekend. The other bad part is that my mom and dad were behind me and my poor mom had to see the crash. If anyone has ellis # can you PM me so I can get some fenders for the trailer.
    Thanks,Lester

GofastRacer
    Wow sorry to hear that, hope damage is minimal!.. Here's the number I have!..
    818. 361.4011

469 the coyote
    Thanks art. It just crushed the fenders and the boat has to be repainted and the bond fixed. The bad part is that it was just painted in apirl.
    Thanks,Lester

old flat
    Les;
    Was the crash before or after the lake run? Did you get to run the boat?
    I hope it works out for her to run this weekend. Any thing we can do, you got our numbers give me or Caleb a call.
    STEVE

469 the coyote
    No we didnt get to run it. It was on the way out there. It haped about a mile or so from the shop. We are going to make the race. It will just not look as good. A little glass work some filler and primer. Iam just glad that it was not on the dolly trailer, It would have been way worse.

flattie
    That sux my dad had a brand new sanger towing it to a show without an engine in it when I was little. and it popped off the ball and went in between a guide wire and a telephone pole and cut the new Flattie right up the the boat to the steering wheel. So I can feel your pain.

syndicate
    That sucks Less. Like my dad said, if you need somethin give us a call.

469 the coyote
    I just tried to call you. Give me a call when you have a chance.

HavasuDreamin'
    It is also a good idea to put a wrench on your trailer hitch ball periodically. I got very lucky about 10 years ago when the nut came off the ball and the ball popped out of the ball mount. The safety chains snapped. The rub rail of the boat lined up with the rubber on my bumper and all was good. I now tac weld the nut to the ball on all my ball mounts. :boxed:

Norseman
    It is also a good idea to put a wrench on your trailer hitch ball periodically. I got very lucky about 10 years ago when the nut came off the ball and the ball popped out of the ball mount. The safety chains snapped. The rub rail of the boat lined up with the rubber on my bumper and all was good. I now tac weld the nut to the ball on all my ball mounts. :boxed:
    That's what the cotter pin is for!
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Lester!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast