After all the threads regarding monsoons at Havi lately, and the fact that I have never been in one while boating, what is the best course of action?
If I am at the channel (beached) watching dancers get ticketed and a monsoon hits, what would guys do?
If I hurry to the ramp, say Windsor, I am going to run into all the other boaters franticly trying to get off the lake. :yuk:
If I stay parked in the channel, I guess I leave the bimini top up to try and shield some of the water and ride out the storm however in a monsoon I donÂ’t think it much mattersÂ… :cry:
I guess I could get under the bridge and just hang out there until it blows overÂ…but I assume I would be joined by all the other peeps with the same idea...
If I was out on the lake I think I would see the clouds getting ugly then I would be able haul azz to the nearest cove or head back to the ramp and try and beat the storm..
How long do these thing last...
Keep in mind my boat is only a 19 foot Carrera, low profile with not much freeboard so the churning-choppy water would be devistating..
Or, do I sell the boat, buy a 'toon??? :crossx: