Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had some left

Tom Slick
    How come when ever someone is making a MPH claim, they always end it with "and I still had some throttle left in it"? I mean seriously, have any of you guy's rung your rides out to it's limit yet to see what you've got? I for one am tired of hearing guy's say that their boat ran 110 MPH and still had more left. If it's got more left, than stick it to it and lets see what it's really got.
    What do you think, is everyone full of sh!@?

Reaper1
    I'm with you T. Slick. Let it all hang out http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif How else are you going to know the limits?

26 OFFSHORE
    GOOD CALL T. SLICK
    MY BOAT DOES A QUICK 65 WITH HAMMER DOWN.
    JUST KIDDING THATS ON THE TRAILER.
    BUT I AGREE LETS FIND OUT WHAT BOATS CAN DO AT FULL THROTTLE NOT 3/4

HavasuDreamin'
    It's even worse when you have just spanked somebody in an informal race and they come by and say..........it had more left! Yeah..........riiiiiiiiight!

Tom Slick
    I just think that it's funny how much crap people talk about how fast their boats are, and they can go even faster because they had more left. Get out the recall GPS, ring it out and than come back to the channel and talk about it with proof, but don't tell me that it had more left. If it had more left, than your a puss and shouldn't own a boat that is capable of going any faster.
    I for one, want to know where my boat is at speed wise, because if I told someone that it went 130 MPH and than got my as handed to me at 110 MPH, I'm going to look pretty fricken stupid. Oh wait, I almost forgot, I could just say that "I had more left".

Tom Slick
    I've got an idea! Lake of the Ozarks is a long tow for us west coasters, so it would be hard for many of us to get back there for the Shootout in August. What do you guy's think of this? We have enough trash talking hot boats out here! Why don't we have our own shootout out here, say at Havasu or Mead. Of course we would need an organizer to put this all together and do it under controlled conditions. We could break it down by class of boat, just like they do back east.

Havasu Hangin'
    Well, Tom...most of the guys I know don't have throttles...just a switch...they're either on it, or not. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy06.gif
    However, there are exceptions...like shaking down a new boat, and working your way up to speed (until you are comfortable)...no replacement for seat time...
    As for the speed runs...I shutter to think of the liability for smeone who organizes something like that...
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy25.gif

Tom Slick
    Don't get me wrong, safety of course is my number one priority. I would never condone any unsafe speed runs just to see what a persons boat is capable of. I'm just sick of everyone talking about how fast that their boats are and that they can go even faster. I just think that all of these talkers out there should put up or shut up.
    Yeah, the liability of a speed run event would be huge, but they do some how pull it off back at the Ozarks. It was just a thought. You know, a chance for all the big mouths to strut their stuff.

Tom Slick
    Don't get me wrong, safety of course is my number one priority. I would never condone any unsafe speed runs just to see what a persons boat is capable of. I'm just sick of everyone talking about how fast that their boats are and that they can go even faster. I just think that all of these talkers out there should put up or shut up.
    Yeah, the liability of a speed run event would be huge, but they do some how pull it off back at the Ozarks. It was just a thought. You know, a chance for all the big mouths to strut their stuff.

XTRM22
    Man I gotta agree with that one! If you had some left you shoulda used it! Mltdwn 12 recently posted about the guy who tlod Donnie he had "this much throttle left" after they had squared off and Donnie had edged him out twice. He said I wanted you to know you didn't beat me. If I make a speed run (yeah even 60-65 I call it a speed run) I am ringing out every last inch. If I'm racing, evry last inch and I'm thinking about throwing stuff over the side.LOL If a black belt gets beat up cause he doesn't want to use his talents... well he got beat up anyway!
    Chuck
    P.S. I've got a best ever gps speed of 65.7 but haven't been able to duplicate it since so I usually say 63-64 with a best ever of 65.7. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast