Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F'n Thieves ! Help Wanted

THATJEFFGUY
    So I had a sewer/stitcher that has worked for me for the last 3 years making my canopies and prop covers. He has a slight attendance problem, but he does awesome work. I've had my suspicions that he's been stealing from me, so I finally decided to drop by his house yesterday when I thought he had taken some items home. Sure enough, he had his own little side canopy business going...at my expense. He wasn't home, so I took a few pics of the stolen goods, and proceeded to take my property back without him knowing. When he showed up for work today, I confronted him about some "missing inventory", and of course he denied it. Well, after seeing the pics that were taken at his house, he was speechless. Needless to say he had about 3 minutes to get his crap together and hit the road, unless he wanted his ass kicked. Damn I hate f'n thieves !! So here's my dilemma, now I'm without a stitcher and have several jobs that need to be finished, but I refuse to keep a thief on the payroll ! Does anyone know of a good sewer/stitcher/seamstress looking for work ?? PM me if you can help, I'm kinda desperate :cry:

RitcheyRch
    You did the right thing. Hopefully you will find someone.

THATJEFFGUY
    You did the right thing. Hopefully you will find someone.
    Yeah I think so too. But it really sucks for my customers that already have canopies and prop covers on order. I've always strived for great customer service, so I hate to get a bad name ! :cry:

AZKC
    Maybe you could Sublet the stitching out to someone for a bit till you find somebody, just a thought :idea:

RitcheyRch
    Can only hope one small delay wont give you a bad name.
    You might want to call the local unemployment office and see if they have someone they can recommend.
    Yeah I think so too. But it really sucks for my customers that already have canopies and prop covers on order. I've always strived for great customer service, so I hate to get a bad name ! :cry:

BigDoug
    Did you turn him in to the authorities (sp) ?

XFactor
    Where are you located? There's about 40 people in the building next to mine running sewing machines all day. With the recent heat it's been kind of a "sweat shop" over there.

DeeCandyBar
    why didn't you report him to the police?

SOCALDETAIL1
    Funny you give someone a job and they F you! Jeff you oughta make them sign contracts from now on. Mark

Hotcobra270
    man... sorry to hear that...
    Good honest work is hard to find..
    I think you'll find someone good though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast