Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving up beer is hard to do

H20 Toie
    I have been trying not to drink beer/ soda's and go to the gym instead of the bar but damm i miss the beer. i did real good until new years but still only had a few beers the whole weekend, but got shitfaced one night last week (USC game)and then last night went out and had dinner and had a couple. why can't i just say no? damm and i still haven't lost any weight but the clothes are getting looser

INSman
    Dan
    If you are working out, you can gain before you lose as body fat converts to muscle which is heavier than fat. It is all about how you feel and look, not what the scale says !!!
    If the clothes are getting looser, you are making progress amigo
    p.s. I have the same problem, just with wine

Havasu Hangin'
    Working out would be so much easier, if those weights wern't so damn heavy (http://www.moviewavs.com/0078546128/...e/amphetim.wav)...I always say (http://www.moviewavs.com/0078546128/...plane/glue.wav).

H20 Toie
    Dan
    If you are working out, you can gain before you lose as body fat converts to muscle which is heavier than fat. It is all about how you feel and look, not what the scale says !!!
    If the clothes are getting looser, you are making progress amigo
    p.s. I have the same problem, just with wine
    the bitch is i didn't even drink beer until about 5 yrs ago.

OGShocker
    I hit the sample scale at Costco yesterday. My son looked down and started YELLING the reading out all over Costco. "MOM!!! DAD's AT 217!!! MOM!!! I guess it's time to start working on my weight soon.

H20 Toie
    I hit the sample scale at Costco yesterday. My son looked down and started YELLING the reading out all over Costco. "MOM!!! DAD's AT 217!!! MOM!!! I guess it's time to start working on my weight soon.
    hell if i was at 217 i would be yelling in Costco to ( for Joy)

JetBoatRich
    I stick to drinking beer on days that end in "Y"
    It is tough, good luck it gets tougher to loose the older I get it seems :cry:

phebus
    I'd rather just eat less. Beer cures all my ill's :rollside:

Just Tool'n
    Beer is my friend, I am trying to lose 75 pounds this year. Started on south beach last week, I can say I have not stuck too it the best the 1st week out, but I am making more better decesions in what I am eating & drinking.
    I have drank berer only 1 time in the last week, doing good so far.

Boy Named Sue
    I successfully quit drinking beer, and all on my own. Of course when you deny yourself something you need to replace it with a reliable substitute. That's when I started drinking Bacardi and Coke. After a short while I decided this was not the healthiest thing to do either, so I switched to Bacardi and Diet Coke. Now all is right in my universe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast