Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windsor drop off zone

Music to my Ears
    Just curious if anbody feels the same way that I do about loading/unloading passengers at Windsor. On the Saturday of the July 4th weekend, I was droping off my wife at the dock to pick up the truck and trailer. The weather was a bit nasty in the afternoon with some wind and rain. All of the slips were taken so I had to drop her off on one of the fingers as most everyone was having to do. As she jumped off, she slipped on the dock, landed on her rips on the side of the dock and ended up in the water - having broken or seriously injured her ribs. (the doctor wouldn't take x-rays since they treat it the same way). Thankfully, several people helped her that day with which I am in huge appreciation of!!
    My question to all of you is - wouldn't we be better served if the end tie on the North ramp was painted yellow or marked clearly as a loading/unloading spot only. This would be much safer in my opinion and also reduce the blocking of other boats that are trying to line up on their trailers. I realize that her slipping could happen regardless, but having a larger area with which to drop off someone would reduce the chances of someone getting hurt. It seems like such a simple fix to me. Any thoughts?

bruddah
    this happend to me at site 6 on the 4th weekend. luckily i missed the dock and just banged my hip on the side of the boat and fell in. glad my girlfriend can drive the boat cause i would have been squished. that sounds like it would be safer to have at about all the ramps to have a loading/unloading zone.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Oh man, that sucks. I hope she is ok.

voodoomedman
    Just curious if anbody feels the same way that I do about loading/unloading passengers at Windsor. On the Saturday of the July 4th weekend, I was droping off my wife at the dock to pick up the truck and trailer. The weather was a bit nasty in the afternoon with some wind and rain. All of the slips were taken so I had to drop her off on one of the fingers as most everyone was having to do. As she jumped off, she slipped on the dock, landed on her rips on the side of the dock and ended up in the water - having broken or seriously injured her ribs. (the doctor wouldn't take x-rays since they treat it the same way). Thankfully, several people helped her that day with which I am in huge appreciation of!!
    My question to all of you is - wouldn't we be better served if the end tie on the North ramp was painted yellow or marked clearly as a loading/unloading spot only. This would be much safer in my opinion and also reduce the blocking of other boats that are trying to line up on their trailers. I realize that her slipping could happen regardless, but having a larger area with which to drop off someone would reduce the chances of someone getting hurt. It seems like such a simple fix to me. Any thoughts?
    I agree. It happens almost everytime I'm there. Even if none of the slips are taken someone takes that end tie off because they don't know how to drive their boat and then they stay there forever with 4 people in the boat while the driver is away somewhere. Leave that for touch and go drop off's only. Also, if your not coming or going from the dock or your trailer get the heck out of traffics way and back out by the buoys.

1ASKYDV
    AMEN....That is a great idea.
    In the past I have had to have my wife jump off into the water in the shallow area to the right side of the ramp because there was no where to drop her off at the docks.
    Personally I can't understand why people camp out at the docks anyway.

atomickitn
    i totaly agree the f..ock wads that seem to take up the area right in front of the ramps and the docks ....waiting for there trailer that never seems to come fast enough......everybody on my boat screams out loud to move there f.n stuff and wait out at the buoys.....there seems to be a lack of courtesy...for loading and un loading boats....stupid people are soo rude .i truly think that if your boat is not broke down or you are done loading get the f out of the way soo others can do the same in a timely matter .... :crossx: oh ask mrs racer on this matter and see her response..?

Daytona100
    If my wife fell off the front of the boat and cracked some ribs im sure our boating days would probably be over!!!!!!!!! You know woman, you were probably going to fast, stopped to quick, turned abruptly,etc. Sorry to hear about your wife hope she,s ok.

MRSDRMCAT
    Chris, Sorry to hear about your wife. That is terrible and scary! I feel the SAME way....man last Friday I was soooooo pissed off because like you it was WINDY and these damn fools just hang out right in the middle of the docks giving you barley any room to pick up or drop off! I hope your wife heals quickly!! Tell her I said Hi and hope see is doing better with each passing day!!

Not So Fast
    Everything you guys are saying is SO TRUE but it ain't gonna change. They need a ranger down there all the time with a bullhorn to bark commands. I've even gone so far as to talk to the H.N.I.C of Arizona State parks (in Phoenix)and also the park manager of Windsor about changing the angle or direction of the slips so that you dont have people backing out into the approach of boats going on thier trailer (DOES STUPID LAYOUT come too mind) which I'm sure we have all had to abort our approach because some idiot does not look behind him before backing out which causes a whole chain reaction of events. I did this about two years ago and you see how far it went, and they both AGREED wholeheartedly that I was right. Comes down to $$$$$ they said, so we'll have to live with it. If its crowded at all, I use the over flow then you only have to enter the DANGER ZONE one time. Peace, NSF

Music to my Ears
    Thanks everyone for your comments and sentiments, I really appreciate it. I'm heading for a gig and won't be back online untill this evening so I can't respond for awhile. I do have the number and address for the Regional Manager of Arizona State Parks. I'm sure you are right, NSF, that it will be near impossible to get change, but I feel like I need to at least try. Maybe I can share some of these feelings here with him as well. Sometimes the thoughts and actions of many people can make positive change. We'll see.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast