Thread: Quick IT/DSL router question...

al cole'holic
    ...is it possible to run 2 routers on a cable broadband line?? I have cable at my warehouse with another line running to the showroom (separate building). Right now the cable modem is in the warehouse but I want to set up a computer station in the showroom building..?

voodoomedman
    ...is it possible to run 2 routers on a cable broadband line?? I have cable at my warehouse with another line running to the showroom (separate building). Right now the cable modem is in the warehouse but I want to set up a computer station in the showroom building..?
    You want to run a line from the router to a switch in the other building.

al cole'holic
    You want to run a line from the router to a switch in the other building.
    ...I have cable everywhere, so the broadband is everywhere already...I was trying to avoid running a line off the router to the other building.. :cry:

ROZ
    wireless... at home I use others unsecured routers to acess the internet. you can do the same with lan...
    I have 4 and sometimes 5 coices of nextworks

voodoomedman
    ...I have cable everywhere, so the broadband is everywhere already...I was trying to avoid running a line off the router to the other building.. :cry:
    Oh I get it now. I doubt you would be able to do it unless you have a really nice cable company that sets it up for you to do that. Get a wireless router and run the showroom wirelessly. Just make sure you secure it.