Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HTM Memorial Fund

Havasu Hangin'
    On Friday, January 11, 2002 the high performance boating family lost four of itÂ’s own. It was a tragic day, and, as someone pointed out, all too familiar to us. Like most people in the forum community, I struggled with how to cope with the loss of our family members.
    It was then I realized how close we really are. Many of you I know personally, and many of you remain separated by a keyboard and a monitor. However, through this tragedy, I realized that we are all much closer than we like to admit. United by our passion for boats, and living life to itÂ’s fullest. Unfortunately, four of our brothers will no longer be able to share their passion with us.
    Steve Coulombe was the owner of HTM. He was a passionate man when it came to boat building. Constantly striving for perfection, many HTM owners will attest to pride in his boats and making his customers happy. Steve is survived by his wife Lia, and two daughters Sharece (12) and Chelsie (9).
    Nelson Brinkman is survived by his wife Danielle and son, little Nelson (5). Currently, since Danielle is a stay at home mom, and has been hit hard by this tragedy.
    Ken Lane is survived by his wife Jan, and son Christopher (7).
    Chuck Wiseman was MrPumpsHTM on the boards. It was his birthday on Friday, so he asked to come along for the ride as a present. Chuck was not only an HTM owner, but SteveÂ’s friend, as well. Chuck leaves behind a 16 year-old son.
    As a way to honor our lost friends, many of us will be proudly wearing “in memory of” decals on our boats and trucks this year. JETBOAT BRIAN has volunteered to donate the decals, which are vinyl (gel coat safe). The decals are 6”x 4” in diameter, and look like this:
    http://www.havasubarney.com/genesis/.../HTM_Decal.jpg
    Many members have expressed their desire to help the families, so we have set up a Pay Pal and HTM Memorial account to accept donations. Brian, Barney and I are recommending a $10/decal donation, with 100% (minus decal postage) being divided equally among the families. However, you are in no way obligated to donate to get a decal, and ALL donations (of any amount) will be appreciated. Donations (checks) can be sent to:
    HTM Memorial Fund
    C/O Valencia Bank & Trust
    18710 Soledad Canyon Rd.
    Canyon Canyon, CA 91351
    To get your decal(s), please e-mail JETBOAT BRIAN at Edge931@cs.com. Please include a note with how many, and where you want them sent. Each order will get both a black and a white decal.
    Flowers and cards can be sent to:
    HTM Boats
    11306 Sierra Hwy
    Agua Dulce, CA 91390
    However, in lieu of flowers, donations will probably be more useful right now.
    I would like to ask for everyoneÂ’s help in getting the word out. If you know someone in the boating business (company or individual) who is not on the Internet, please forward this to them. Also, any help with the boating magazines would be appreciated. Feel free to copy this post onto other message boards, or in e-mails.
    Also, I will be forwarding your kind words as best I can. Feel free to post your messages in this thread, and I will let the families know. Some kind words in other posts have already reached them, and they really appreciate the thoughts.
    Thanks for your help.
    Jeff
    [updated image link -HB]
    [This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited January 23, 2002).]

RiverDave2
    I'll be sending mine tomorrow..
    It's good to see that you guys got it going.
    RD
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited January 15, 2002).]

Racing Ray
    [This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

JETBOAT BRIAN
    Ray,every order requested will recieve a black one,and a white one!

riverliver
    Great job you guys I also will be sending mine in.
    [This message has been edited by riverliver (edited January 17, 2002).]

B-rad502
    Thank you so much for doing this you guys! My $$ will be in the mail by next week. It's great to see all the support, this is really a special group of people regardless of how much shit we give each other sometimes! Expect to see a silver Dodge and a 24'(white) Vindicator sporting these stickers this season! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Brad

looks good my check is on the way
    pat

nelsonf
    Mine is in the mail you guys are True Good Guys

flat broke
    It's times like these that I really have to take a step back from my usual view of humanity and admit that there are still a lot of great people out there. I've seen the term family tossed around the past couple of days and things like this only seem to support that term. Now lets get the family to work and get the word out so we can raise as much money as possible.
    Thank you HH, Brian, and anyone else who facilitated this effort.
    You guys absolutely rock.
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

waterbum
    The heart of America beats in these forums!!Count the wife and me in.A piece of of our hearts is on its way.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast