Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling an Engagement Ring

plaster dave
    Has anyone here done this, how much do you lose, and where is the best place to sell it at? Thank you.

HM
    Has anyone here done this, how much do you lose, and where is the best place to sell it at? Thank you.
    I sold mine via the jeweler I bought it from, and I almost made money after paying the jeweler his consignment %. But, I had a Tiffany 2 karat Princess cut VV1 D color diamond with a platinum setting and band that made it very valuable -over $50K at the time.
    I got lucky with my current wife...she proposed to me, and her wedding ring was given to my by her grandmother. Used the money for a blower motor on the boat - which is guaranteed to lose money.
    I sold my old wedding band on ebay and I think I got about half. It was $4K new (platinum band with 1 karat in diamonds - total Mr. T starter kit) and sold it for $2K.

EmpirE231
    Have sold used jewelry.... not an angagment ring.... but a diamond band ring appraised at like 2700.... nobody would pay more than $300 for it!! best bet is to find someone else in the market for one!!
    whatcha sellin :idea:

OutCole'd
    I sold mine via the jeweler I bought it from, and I almost made money after paying the jeweler his consignment %. But, I had a Tiffany 2 karat Princess cut VV1 D color diamond with a platinum setting and band that made it very valuable -over $50K at the time. Hell, ROZ would have married you for that.

HM
    You know there are 3 rings in marraige:
    1. Engagement Ring
    2. Wedding Ring
    3. SuffeRing.

djunkie
    Lets see some pics. :rollside:

Tom Brown
    Hey, plaster dave. I didn't even know you were engaged. Congratulations!

Jim W
    Why not just put some country music on and play it backwards???
    You get your---
    girl back
    your best dog back
    your old truck back
    your lost youth back
    just a thought.
    Be good, Jim

plaster dave
    Hey, plaster dave. I didn't even know you were engaged. Congratulations!
    Was we broke up in Dec. so just wanted to see how much money I will lose on this. I might just give it to my mom or sister if I dont get atleast half of what I payed. Thanks everyone.

ThongMagnet
    I think ***boat is setting up a barter section. Maybe you could trade it for something really nice.
    I got a 10 Pump BB gun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast