Thread: Best Way To Add Subs And Amp To Stock Head Unit

BLOWN HOWARD
    Looking for the best way to install a amp and some subs in a C/C chevy with the stock Bose speakers and stock head unit.

ROZ
    Looking for the best way to install a amp and some subs in a C/C chevy with the stock Bose speakers and stock head unit.
    There are a couple types of bose systems.. one is basic setup. the other has individual amps at each speaker. If you have the later, you need to gut the system and start from scratch...

Mr. Naudio
    dont know if yours is this way but the last one i did i cut the ends off some rca,s spliced them into the speaker wires behind the head unit (before the amp) was low level then plug the other end into the amp like they where comming from an aftermarket head unit.
    taking all out and putting aftermarket in will sound better.
    cost is much higher,steering wheel controls,onstar,and such can be made to work though.

Mr. Naudio
    There are a couple types of bose systems.. one is basic setup. the other has individual amps at each speaker. If you have the later, you need to gut the system and start from scratch...
    good to see ya man hope all is well in your world.

sigepmock
    Dave at Al & Ed's helped me with mine, 05 Chevy CC Bose in dash 6 disc. Originally we spliced into the low level speaker wires before the stock sub amp under the center console. It sounded ok. When I added aftermarket door speakers and added an amp, we switched to a PAC module and it sounds much better. I'm not sure what model it is but it gives you the cleanest output in my opinion. I can get the info for you or you can call Dave and see what they used.
    I was able to fit 2 12's under the seat. I did 2 10's behind the seat in my 03 but like the way the 12's sound better. He's also working on some cool "bass reflex" boxes for the CC Chevy's that should hit hard with only one 10" or 12" if they can get the tube lengths right.
    Good luck,
    Chris

BLOWN HOWARD
    Thanks for all the info. Might be easier and sound better to just run a new Head unit, then the Ipod stuff is cheaper also right???