Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheetah Boats

24ROD
    How many of you out there have a cheetah? What model? What do you have under the hatch? And how fast you going? We have a 24' Stelletto closed bow with 7.4 mpi goes 60 trimmed out full with some good chop on the lake. One of my buddy's has 23' open bow goes 65 under same conditions.

Infomaniac
    I am curious about these boats myself. Have seen a few for sale and wonder if they are built well. Any input?

bigq
    I am leaning in the 24 direction also. A good price and I believe the hull itself is built well and decent gelcoat. I have reserves about the rigging though, you know, all the little stuff that takes a lot of time to do neatly. I am thinking of the open bow with a cuddy, have kids. I visited the shop and talked to "Cheetah Bob" and he is a nice guy, will work out almost anything asked. I would say they are about the same as boats like Commander and that area.

DogHouse
    Check out the "Comments on the old Eliminator 234 Edge" thread. There's some stuff on Cheetahs in there.
    For some reason Cheetah seems to be one of the most asked about builders on the forums. I guess nobody can believe that they build a decent boat at those prices. IMHO they do give you a lot for your money, but if you want the best, then you'll have to step up and pay for it with a different builder. I like my 23 Cheetah for what it is, but I would never put it in the same league as some of the high $$$ rigs. One thing about Cheetah Bob, yeah he's a good guy but make sure you get any custom changes written down on the contract. He tends to be in a hurry when dealing with people and may not remember everything you tell him to put in your boat!
    -brian

gimprvr
    Originally posted by DogHouse:
    One thing about Cheetah Bob, yeah he's a good guy but make sure you get any custom changes written down on the contract. He tends to be in a hurry when dealing with people and may not remember everything you tell him to put in your boat!
    -brian[/B]
    "Cheeter Bob"

Sandbar Mike
    If your interest in a Cheetah and you live in so cal check out the Cheetah Shop in Upland, Talk to Dory
    He is easier to deal with than Bob.
    For me Cheetah was a great choice for a first boat. For the good quality and good price. For better pay more $$$$$$
    Mike

Skaterfast
    Hold everything.Bob Burns is not a nice guy and yes the boats are cheap.Do not give him any money up front.He could go out of business tommorow and leave town with your money.

Riverhound
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Skaterfast:
    [B]Hold everything.Bob Burns is not a nice guy and yes the boats are cheap.Do not give him any money up front.He could go out of business tommorow and leave town with your money.
    Skaterfast, Got some hard fellings there? Did he do you or someone you know wrong? Not sticking up for the guy I don't know him. just wondering. If you got a story to tell i'd like to here it.
    River

ratso
    Skaterfast, Hello...Hellllloooo Skaterfast. Earth to Skaterfast.

DesertDog
    DogHouse and Sandbar Mike pretty much summed it up.Your getting what you pay for.You get the custom gelcoat and interior,and get to choose what options you want(get it in writing!).On the downside,the quality isn't as good as most of the custom builders on everything from interior construction,wiring,etc..

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast