Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bui

pussycat
    A friend of mine got pulled over leaving Steamboat on Saturday. They made him blow and took him away. He's been boating on Havasu for 20 plus years, no tickets or accidents. This was a California patroll boat so they took him to needles and then released him a few hours later. His ticket says (over .08). Just trying to help him out, Does any one have any info on what the consequences are for a first timer? Any info is appreciated. :cry: :cry:

Phat Matt
    Probably a $1500 fine, loss of license and alcohol classes.
    What was he doing to get pulled over?

riverbound
    You know with all these threads lately about cracking down on OUI and now seeing all thses people getting them, I am glad I quit drinking anytime I drive my boat. I have just as much fun drinking Gatorade and energy drinks. and it looks like its also saving me a ton of $$$$

CBadDad
    Why would you lose your license for BUI, you don't have to have a license to drive a boat?
    Just curious.
    Anyone?

Ziggy
    You know with all these threads lately about cracking down on OUI and now seeing all thses people getting them, I am glad I quit drinking anytime I drive my boat. I have just as much fun drinking Gatorade and energy drinks. and it looks like its also saving me a ton of $$$$
    Bingo......we rarely have more than 2 or 3 beers on the boat total, usually because the wife might like a Corona or two during the long day...
    And, I don't feel like shit at the end of the day either, still got energy to wipe down the boat nicely.

Ziggy
    Why would you lose your license for BUI, you don't have to have a license to drive a boat?
    Just curious.
    Anyone?
    InterState info sharing ......

pussycat
    We were in my evolution pontoon boat, just pulled the anchor up and he sat in the seat and put it in gear to avoid hitting another boat because it was windy. We had idled 100 yards and I was standing in the doorway near the front winding up my anchor rope and the cops came over telling us you cant have anyone on the front of the boat while underway. I replied I am not standing on the front I was three feet back in the doorway putting my anchor away. Keep in mind there were only 4 people in the boat, no music and there was no reason to pull us over.

RitcheyRch
    Thankfully I dont drink either. Sure looks like it could get costly.

CBadDad
    InterState info sharing ......
    Still doesn't make sense too me, but I'mnot that bright...

uvindex
    Just curious.
    Anyone?I think because it (losing your license) is a punishment that will get somebody's attention (which is the intent of fines and punishments in the first place.) There doesn't necessarily need to be a connection between boating and your driver's license for the punishment to be loss of your license (kind of like you can get fined $1000 for a boating offense, but you don't need $1000 to drive the boat in the first place).
    Bottom line: the legislature can pass any kind of penalty for an offense they want, and as long as it isn't ruled unconstitutional, it's good to go.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast