Thread: Hi From The Newbie

STEVESCG80
    Hey guys new to the board and have a 1979 nordic that my dad got new in 79
    hasnt been in water since 92 has been exposed to the elements.He finally gave it to me. I pulled the motor (460 hardin) and have started the glasswork to fix cracks and have got the first coats of primer on should be done with paint in about two weeks.I am a painter by trade so going to lay down a slick paintjob. Should be back in the water in a month or less. Motor is all stock 460 320 hp going to paint and detail it and stick it back in for the time being and build a new motor this winter.

El Prosecutor
    Hey guys new to the board and have a 1979 nordic that my dad got new in 79
    hasnt been in water since 92 has been exposed to the elements.He finally gave it to me. I pulled the motor (460 hardin) and have started the glasswork to fix cracks and have got the first coats of primer on should be done with paint in about two weeks.I am a painter by trade so going to lay down a slick paintjob. Should be back in the water in a month or less. Motor is all stock 460 320 hp going to paint and detail it and stick it back in for the time being and build a new motor this winter.
    Sounds like a fun project - I love the nostalgia stories, hope to pass my boat along to one of the kids someday.
    First thing you gotta learn about this forum though is to post lots of pics! We love 'em. Welcome to the addiction. . .

squirt'nmyload
    welcome and good luck with your project!!!